Purple Little Bird

by Greg Foley

Purple Little Bird leaves his almost-perfect purple home in search of a better place, but although Brown Bear, Yellow Camel, and others live in very nice places, none is quite right for him.

The Purple Little Bird loves purple, his entire home is purple but he just wants a better house. He searches but finds places he likes, but none are perfect. The purple bird goes to four places and they don't seem to be the perfect place for him. Then when the purple bird goes to the three pink possums, they tell the bird about a place that they think could be perfect for the bird, and brings him back to his house. The bird he loves purple but it is too much so he redecorates to give his home new colors. ( )
  RikkiPerkins | Mar 20, 2018 |
There is a purple bird that had his house and everything in it the color purple. One day he wanted to make it perfect, so he went off to find the right place for him. The purple bird went to a bear and its cave but it wasn't the perfect place. The purple bird goes to three other places and they don't seem to be the perfect place for him. Then when the purple bird goes to the three pink possums, they tell the bird about a place that they think could be perfect for the bird. The bird was back at his house, he then realize that it was perfect after he made changes to it. The drawing in the book is very catchy and gets the readers eye and makes the reader distinguish what the author is trying to say. This book makes you see that what you have is perfect for you but you just might have to make a few changes to it in order to make it perfect in the end. The book also shows that it doesn't take much to have something perfect if you really want it. ( )
  jjuneau | Aug 22, 2017 |
I like this book because Purple Little Bird lives in a house of strictly purple. Each page is dedicated to one color and an animal. The main idea of this book is about looking at other ideas and putting it together to make your own homely idea. ( )
  mdelga3 | Mar 1, 2017 |
I was not crazy about this book. The only thing I like about it was the fact that it looked like it was colored by a child. I think that this fact would make it more relatable to a child. The other two reasons were the language and purpose. There is a lot of he said she said, with little talk in between the characters. It makes the text very confusing. It also takes away from the actual meaning of the text. The last reason is that I could not see a clear meaning or purpose. The basic jist of the book was that purple bird did not like her purple covered house. She went to all the animals she knew but did not like any of her homes. In the end she goes back to her house and she likes it. There was no established plot. The bird never came to a realization or why she did not like her house. I feel like without the resolution and no real climax, there is no real reason for a story. I think the purpose of the story was that her house was too purple. She decides to paint some elements of her house different colors in order to give it some flavor. I struggled to find this purpose, and am not really even sure if this is it. Needless to say I did not really like this book. ( )
  rcarpe4 | Feb 17, 2016 |
Kind of like Pinkalicious, actually, but less annoying. :)
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,422,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible