Genealogist's Google Toolbox A Genealogist's…

Genealogist's Google Toolbox A Genealogist's Guide to the Most Powerful… (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Lisa Louise Cooke (Author)

The completely updated second addition of the national bestseller! When it comes to tracing your family tree online, you need the right tools to get the job done! In The Genealogist's Google Toolbox, renowned genealogy podcaster Lisa Louise Cooke helps you stuff your genealogy toolbox with FREE state-of-the-art Internet tools that are built to search, translate, message, and span the globe. You'll travel outside the genealogy community and straight to the folks who dominate the online world: Google. A lot has changed since the first edition was published in 2011, and it's all documented step-by-step in this new edition.… (more)
Member:kawilliams
Title:Genealogist's Google Toolbox A Genealogist's Guide to the Most Powerful Free Online Research Tools Available!
Authors:Lisa Louise Cooke (Author)
Info:Genealogy Gems Publications (2011), 209 pages
Collections:Genealogy Books Owned

The Genealogist's Google Toolbox by Lisa Louise Cooke (2011)

I have not completed the book as yet and have already learned a lot that I will be able to use in my genealogical searches. This is well worth purchasing for anyone who is interested in genealogy. ( )
  TerryLewis | Jun 12, 2017 |
The Genealogist's Google Toolbox, from Lulu it arrived at my home in Sydney, Australia. As it was posted not from the United States but from Melbourne I am surmising that it was printed and bound in Australia. The ordering process was simple and I received email updates on the progress of my order.

There are 202 pages in this A4 softcover book. It has a table of contents and index, essential elements in a non-fiction publication. Find it quick - The "How To" Index provides readers with another means of accessing content.

The 18 chapters cover a number of the most popular Google applications with a disproportionate coverage of Google Earth. There are only 11 pages devoted to Gmail and over 50 devoted to Google Earth.

The articles are clearly written and illustrated with many appropriate screenshots and examples. The pages are uncluttered with plenty of white space.

As a confident and competent Google user I did not learn much from this work, this is not a criticism of the book but a comment that the book is not particularly useful to me. The book would be a handy ready reference for genealogists who are unfamiliar with the Google stable of applications. It would also be useful as a workbook in a beginner's How to Google course. ( )
  GeniAus. | Jan 28, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,584,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible