Luksusel©Þm©Þ©Þ by Jens Lapidus

Luksusel©Þm©Þ©Þ (edition 2011)

by Jens Lapidus

Series: Stockholm Noir (3)

From father to daughter. From sister to brother. The legacy is passed on.Drug dealer Jorge is just out of prison but already bored with his new existence selling lattes and cappuccinos at a cafe. Who wouldn't be? But big money looms, if he can pull off an audacious last heist. What he doesn't know is that the police are already closing in: an undercover investigator has wormed his way deep into Stockholm's criminal circles, close to Jorge. And also close to JW, the part-time student, part-time cab driver who turned to crime - and got in over his head - in order to keep himself in with a rich party crowd. At the same time, someone is trying to take down the Godfather himself, Radovan Kranjic. What would Stockholm be like with Radovan gone? Who would be Stockholm's new king - or queen - of crime? As the novel unfurls answers will be found amid the voracious hunt for money, power, and a carefree life. The goal is easy - and the life deluxe… (more)
Member:Tuoppi
Title:Luksusel©Þm©Þ©Þ
Authors:Jens Lapidus
Info:[Helsinki] : Like, 2011

Work Information

Livet deluxe by Jens Lapidus

English (3)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (6)
Wasn’t too interested in the Natalie storyline or character, had me guessing on what would happen, a fast read ( )
  jimifenway | Feb 1, 2021 |
We can follow the fate of the characters in the Stockholm underworld, just like in the previous books of the trilogy. The lives of an ambitious criminal, an undercover cop and the heir of a big criminal empire i fatally interwoven until the end. Like previously there are some recurring characters from the previous books but it’s a standalone story and can be enjoyed without knowing those. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Jun 28, 2020 |
Hard to say what I think of this book.
On the one hand it is very difficult, especially in the first 100 pages. The language used, the many characters who do things that are sometimes (yet) completely inapprehensible, the flashbacks in the text to events that happened in earlier, exactly as hard to understand books.

On second thought, when things get on the way, the book has a kind of flow, a natural and enevitable way of going. From that point onward I liked it more and more and when I read the last page I even felt a kind of reluctance, didn't want to finish yet, didn't want the story to be over. I do not hope for another episode, I'm not sure if I'll read a book by this author again (apart from re-reading this trilogy). His style is too strange for me to feel comfortable with. Nevertheless I'm glad to have read it. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

'You West Side. You musta heard of Charlie Sollers, right?'
'No.'
'Goes all the way back to Franklin and Fermont. I mean all the way back to the 60's and shit.'
'Sollers?'
'Sold heroin like it was water. I mean, the motherfucker made himself some money.'
'I don't know who the fuck you are talking about.'
'I know you don't. And the police don't. And the stick up boys wouldn't have a fucking clue either. Cause Charlie Sollers just sold dope. No profile. No street rep. Just buy for a dollar, sell for two.'
- Proposition Joe praat met Stringer Bell, The Wire, tweede seizoen
Voor Jack en Flora
Het was de tweede keer in mijn leven dat ik voor een klus naar Stockholm ging.

Nadat er een dodelijke aanslag is gepleegd op de Godfather van de Stockholmse onderwereld ontstaat er een strijd om de macht. Wie wordt de nieuwe ‘Joegobaas’? De rechterhand van Radovan, Stefanovic, of zijn dochter Nathalie. Tegen deze achtergrond beraamd Jorge de ultieme WTO (waarde transport overval) en wil JW een grootse comeback maken met de perfecte manier om bloedgeld wit te wassen. Een undercover agent zit iedereen echter op de hielen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,209,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible