Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids

by Rob Elliott

Over 1 million sold! What happens to race car drivers when they eat too much? They get indy-gestion. Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids provides children ages 7-10 many hours of fun and laughter. Young readers will have a blast sharing this collection of hundreds of one-liners, knock knock jokes, tongue twisters, and more with their friends and family! This mega-bestselling book will have children rolling on the floor with laughter and is sure to be a great gift idea for any child.… (more)

This is a hit-or-miss collection of some real groaners, especially some of the knock-knock jokes, and some really funny clean jokes that you'll be eager to repeat. I was surprised how many were new to me. ( )
  datrappert | Jun 7, 2017 |
Good humor is a valuable commodity. Let me re-phrase that. Good clean humor is a valuable commodity. Clean humor is not as easy to find as you might think. Much of the humor of the past three or so decades is based on making fun of someone else or of other ideas. It capitalizes on someone's mistakes. It belittles and minimizes someone else's worth. To find good humor means leaving that base in the dust and finding things that are truly funny at no one else's expense. Even the definition of clean has variations and shades of meaning.

As a parent, when my children were young, I didn't want them to think that devaluing someone else was funny. Slapstick was fine, as well as play on words and incongruities. We loved all things animal humor. Those were our standards. This book contains a similar standard. It is written for young children, perhaps from 6-10 years. The content is squeaky clean. Many of the jokes date back to my childhood years with a few new ones sprinkled here and there. There are 126 pages of fun.

It is divided by chapters by categories:

Chapter 1: Questions and Answers
Chapter 2: Awesome Animal Jokes
Chapter 3: Knock Knock Jokes
Chapter 4: Tongue Twisters
Chapter 5: Some Things to Think About

One of the Question and Answers I've never heard before goes like this:

Question: What did the alien say to the flower bed?
Answer: Take me to your weeder.

Here's one from Chapter 2 I haven't heard before:

Question: Where do bees come from?
Answer: Stingapore and Beelivia

Do knock knock jokes make you groan?

"Knock, knock!"
"Who's There?"
"Everest"
"Everest, who?"
"Do we Everest from telling knock knock jokes?"

One parting shot:

"If a fly didn't have wings, would we call it a walk?"

Now, I found this is just one book in a collection. There are many more books just like this one. They came out with a new one in 2014 if you are looking for more. I recommend this to anyone who wants pure and simple humor for their children.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary review copy of this book from The Book Club Network (bookfun.org) on behalf of Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  Beverlylynnt | Feb 6, 2015 |
Maybe it is somehow hardwired into me, and I am a grownup, but I love jokes for kids. This is a great collection that I found at my public library as an e-book. I liked it so much I think I need to buy a copy for myself. ( )
  debnance | Sep 23, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,994,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible