Conversations with God: An Uncommon…

Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1 (edition 1996)

by Neale Donald Walsch (Author)

Member:GRVC
Title:Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
Authors:Neale Donald Walsch (Author)
Info:G. P. Putnam's Sons (1996), Edition: 1st, 223 pages
Tags:NONFICTION

Conversations with God: an Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald Walsch

Recently added byHarlandH, NicolePalmer, NUMC.DC, Eupraxia, DeborahSHamilton, holycrossabbey, tumc, private library

English (25)  German (2)  French (1)  All languages (28)
I have a problem with someone saying God doesn't have any problem or differentiate between good and evil and he loves everyone the same and that Hitler is in heaven.
If God didn't have a problem with it then why did he call Eve out about what she was hiding? etc. etc. etc.
And even if you don't want to bring the Bible into this; according to this author (who may be trying to start his own religion?) I don't feel good about his feel good religion. According to the first paragraph I can go on a killing spree just like hitler and still go to heaven.
His religion is not for me. ( )
  VhartPowers | Dec 27, 2018 |
Did he have a conversation with God? I dunno, but at least this imagining of God is more plausible than most of the others I know of. ( )
  ffifield | Oct 8, 2018 |
I read this marvellous book in Danish which made it a bit difficult for me to get an overview of it when writing this review.

The book, and the whole Conversations with God series, is filled with wisdom, so that there was no doubt in my mind that it was dictated by “God”, or at least came from a high, high source.

One day in 1992 when Neale Donald Walsch was going through a difficult period, he decided to write a letter to God containing a lot of angry questions about his life. Great was his surprise when suddenly his pen began to move by itself and he started getting answers from God, Later he said he heard an inner voice dictating it.

Thus began this illuminating work.

God told Neale that he talks to everyone constantly, but not everyone listens.

Feelings/emotions are the language of the soul.

As a means of communication, God uses both emotions, thought and images from experiences. When these don’t work, He uses words.

Your highest thoughts, clearest words and strongest feelings always come from God.

The highest thought is the one containing joy. The clearest words are those containing truth. The strongest feeling is that which you call love.

The most powerful messenger is experience, and this we generally ignore.

God has given us free will and he never forces us to do anything.

The first “shocking” statement God makes to Neale is that as regards the nature of God, the church fathers, theologians, rabbis, priests and the Bible are NOT authoritative sources. Ha, ha! I like this.

God has no specific form, though he can assume any form he wishes.

He reveals himself by means of our inner experiences (I will attest to that).

He tells us that the correct form of prayer is never a begging prayer but a thankful prayer. (This is what the New Thought Church and the like have been telling us for years.)

We should never beg but appreciate. We should have faith that God gives us everything we ask for.

God is the observer, not the creator. He created us in his image. He does not interfere in how we live our lives.

God doesn’t care what we do.

We have created the mythological being we call the Devil.

Life is not a school; we are here to remember who we are.

God knew that in order for love to exist, the opposite, fear, had to exist too.

God divided himself into all of us so as to experience Himself. Thus he gave us the same power to create as He Himself. We are made of the same substance and have the same qualities and abilities, including the ability to create physical reality out of nothing.

God cannot experience Himself except through us. He has given us the ability to experience ourselves as Him.

We are divine parts of the divine whole. Our work here on Earth is not to learn but to remember who we are.

We do not become ill without it being at least in part our fault, and we can become well again in a moment just by deciding to become well. (Easier said than done!)

God does nothing to stop negative events because He would then be taking away our free will. It is up to us to change things. There are no victims in the Universe, only creators. Every soul is a master.

Pain is a result of wrong thoughts. A master can make the worst pain disappear. Pain stems from judgement of something. Remove the judgement and the pain will disappear.

There is no “should” or “should not” in God’s world. Do what you want to do. But don’t judge or condemn, because you don’t know why something happens or what its purpose is. What you condemn condemns you, and what you judge you will become one day. And bless everything, for everything is created by God.

Hell is to experience the worst conceivable outcome of what you choose, decide and create. Hell is the opposite of joy.

God assures us that the (negative) experiences after death which we have constructed in our fear-based theology do not exist. (Though some of those who experience NDEs have temporarily experienced a “place” reminiscent of Hell – they can quickly move on to a better place, if they ask for help, for example.) It is ourselves who create the experience of Hell every time we separate ourselves from our own highest thoughts of ourselves.

We are not punished by God but experience natural outcomes of our actions, What we experience as punishment or what we would call “evil” is nothing but a law of nature that comes into play. (I was thinking this just the other day in connection with someone I know having a bad experience.)

There are no coincidences. All incidents and experiences are created by ourselves so we can experience who we really are.

We are the creator of our own reality and life cannot give us other opportunities than those we believe it can.

God says that he has sent humanity teacher after teacher. We don’t listen to his teachers, we kill them.

The first law is that we can be, do and have everything that we can imagine.

The second law is that we attract what we fear.

The laws are simple:

1) Thoughts create.
2) Fear attracts.
3) Love is all there is.

The purpose of a love relationship is not to have another person who can perfect you, but have another with whom you can share your perfection.

Our focus on the partner, our obsession with the partner is what makes the relationship fail.

All illness is created by ourselves. People smoke and wonder why they get cancer. They eat animals and thus animal fat and wonder why they get blood clots. They are angry their whole lives and wonder why they get heart attacks. They compete with others and wonder why they get strokes.

Most people worry themselves to death. Worrying is meaningless.Health improves as soon as worrying stops. Hate is an extremely harmful state. It poisons the body. Fear is excessive worrying. Worry, hate, fear attack the body at the cellular level. It is impossible to have a healthy body under these conditions. All disease is first created by the mind.

There is nothing in life that is not first a thought.

You can heal yourself by changing the way you think,

You don’t train your body so it gets weak from lack of use. You don’t eat proper food, which makes you even weaker. You fill your body with toxins and the most absurd substances that are supposed to be food. You read this information and return to the poor treatment of your body. Why? Because you don’t have the will to live.

The body was not supposed to consume alcohol. It weakens the mind.

Our bodies were intended to last forever.

God says:

“You are my body. Everything I experience I experience through you. Jesus of Nazareth said, ‘I and the father are one flesh’”.

God says that we are already God, but just don’t know it.

This book presents information on much, much more than I have touched on here. I highly recommend that everyone read this book and the whole Conversations with God series. ( )
  IonaS | Feb 11, 2018 |
Read out of curiosity...and it's tragically funny. Reminds me of a line said by Matthew Broderick's character Phillipe Gaston in the 1985 film "Ladyhawke": "Sir, the truth is, I talk to God all the time, and, no offense, but He never mentioned you."

Anyway, accounting for the rating: three stars for making me laugh plus three stars for an imaginative tale. Subtract four stars for trying to pawn off things like these as words of his God:

"Your job on Earth, therefore, is not to learn."
[Strike one...you're out. No discussion.]

"Yet there are no victims in the world, and no villains."
[Um, okay]

"In the largest sense, all the 'bad' things that happen are of your choosing. The mistake is not in choosing them, but in calling them bad. For in calling them bad, you call your Self bad,
since you created them."
[Riiigghhhtt]

"I have never set down a “right” or “wrong,” a “do” or a “don’t.” To do so would be to strip you completely of your greatest gift—the opportunity to do as you please, and experience the results of that;"
[Really? Did we read the same bible, Mr. Walsch?]

"...because My promises are too good to be true."
[No comment.]

"There is no coincidence in the universe —only a grand design; an incredible 'snowflake.'"
[Cute philosophical BS.]

"I am not pleased by suffering, and whoever says I am does not know Me.
... I have put an end to it. You simply refuse to use the tools I have given you with which to realize that. You see, suffering has nothing to do with events, but with one’s reaction to them."
[ Apparently, whoever wrote Your book did not know You either.]

And so on... Oh, also subtract two stars because Walsch wrote two more books on the same subject that I can't muster the will to read. Add one because zero stars implies no opinion and I certainly have an opinion on his fiction.

Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
Suppose you could ask God the most puzzling questions about existence---questions about love and faith, life and death, good and evil. Suppose God provided clear, understandable answers. It happened to Neale Donald Walsh. It can happen to you.
  PendleHillLibrary | Aug 26, 2016 |
You are about to have an extraordinary experience.

De auteur beschrijft in dit boek de goede gesprekken die hij rechtstreeks met God gehad heeft. Ze gaan over de mens, over goed en kwaad, over werk, over liefde, over de zin van het leven. God blijkt een intelligente, kritische en humoristische waarnemer van het leven op aarde. Zijn bemoedigende boodschap is dat de mens vooral de schepper moet zijn van zijn eigen leven. Een ongewoon gesprek met God werd meteen bij verschijnen een bestseller en is dat nog. Het verovert de wereld en verschijnt nu in vijftien landen. Het is een verrassend, oneerbiedig maar absoluut meeslepend boek. Het bevat de wijsheid van alle tijden voor iedereen die wil luisteren. Een ongewoon gesprek met God kan ook uw leven veranderen.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0399142789, Hardcover)

Blasphemy! Heresy! Who does this man think he is, claiming to speak directly to God?! Jesus did it, Muhammad did it, the Jewish prophets did it, but none of their Gods had the sardonic wit or raw verve of Prophet Walsch's God. Neale Donald Walsch isn't claiming to be the Messiah of a new religion, just a frustrated man who sat down one day with pen in his hand and some tough questions in his heart. As he wrote his questions to God, he realized that God was answering them... directly... through Walsch's pen. The result, far from the apocalyptic predictions or cultic eccentricities you might expect, turns out to be matter-fact, in-your-face wisdom on how to get by in life while remaining true to yourself and your spirituality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:45 -0400)

Publishing Company, this book has firmly taken hold around the country. Now Putnam announces the hardcover edition of this word-of-mouth bestseller, in which author Neale Donald Walsch chronicles his extraordinary experience of conversing with God--achieved through the process of "auto-writing".… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,551,568 books! | Top bar: Always visible