Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 1) (edition 2001)

by Charlaine Harris (Author)

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana, until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life. When one of her coworkers checks out, she decides that maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.
Member:BellaJean
Title:Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 1)
Authors:Charlaine Harris (Author)
Info:Ace Books (2001), 292 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:all-books-i-ve-read-over-the-years

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both series are paranormal romance with strong female protagonists.
    Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton (FFortuna)
    You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister (laur0209)
    Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (avalon_today)
    avalon_today: Both girls are from the South. Blond, cute, feisty, with a talent for attracting trouble, and tall sexy men with foreign accents.
    Storm Front by Jim Butcher (Waldheri)
    Waldheri: Similar because: both urban supernatural fantasy, both have lovable main characters and both are speckled with humour.
    Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson (amberwitch)
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: 20 something woman living in a small town, considered weird. Meets sexy vampire, mystery, murder and many different sups.
    Cowboy and The Vampire: A Very Unusual Romance by Clark Hays (GirlMisanthrope)
    Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson (gaialover)
    Dark Challenge by Christine Feehan (kapuwolves)
    kapuwolves: It is another vampire baddie, but goodie. It follows a deep, dark romance between two individuals, difference is: both of them are vampires. These are not the kind of bonds, or the kind of vampires we are used to.

English (524)  Hungarian (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (529)
Quick read for me. Loved it though despite having seen the tv show before reading it. ( )
  audraelizabeth | Aug 28, 2019 |
Delightful beyond delightful. Utterly dissimilar from the HBO series, for which I am grateful. I barreled through the first eight books in four days, because Charlaine Harris' characterizations and plot pacing are so masterful. I absolutely plan on re-reading, because despite this being, on the surface, brain candy, it's quite obvious that there are other levels available to think on.
  laureenH | Aug 26, 2019 |
I just discovered these. The books are every bit as good or better than the TV show. ( )
  bcrowl399 | Aug 1, 2019 |
I'm not the biggest fan of mystery romances, but I can definitely see why this book series as a big following and has been turned into a TV series. Good for other readers, not for me. ( )
  rkcraig88 | Jul 15, 2019 |
What bunch of fluff. Maybe that is what some people want. This series gets better as it goes, but this first book reads like a kindergarten pop up book. You can tell it tell it was written by a bored housewife who just wanted to cash in on the Vampire fad. It is very obvious that Harris had no clue how to write a book.....but she gets better and learns her craft as the series progresses. I will give her that. If you want real vampires.....Read a Brian Lumley book. Either way it's better than Twilight.....this is fluff.....those are trash. ( )
  Joe73 | Jul 8, 2019 |

Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Setterborg, GabrielTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vainikainen-Uusitalo… JohannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wojtczak, EwaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
My thanks and appreciation go to the people who thought this book was a good idea--Dean James, Toni L. P. Kelner, and Gary and Susan Nowlin
I'd been waiting for the vampire for years when he walked into the bar.
"It's hard for me to get used to young ladies with so few clothes on" - Bill Compton.
"Bill, are you quite attached to your friend?" - Eric Northman
Cruel and Unusual, European edition of Dead Until Dark.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,192,930 books! | Top bar: Always visible