Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Spiders by Seymour Simon

Spiders

by Seymour Simon

Series: Smithsonian

This book talks about Spiders. The author talks about how many different kinds are there, size, color, body structure, difference between male and female, how they hunt and build webs. ( )
  cromero16 | Apr 10, 2018 |
I enjoyed this book for various reasons. This was an informational book that gave children an inside look at spiders and all the cool things that they can do. While reading the book I caught myself learning many new facts and it gives people with a fear of spiders a sense of ease. The language in the book was very clear in order for younger kids to be able to understand what they are reading. I also liked the illustrations because they would be blown up, making the spiders features appear much larger in order to see what the author was writing about. The big message of the story was to spread the knowledge of spiders and end any misconceptions about spiders that lead people to fear them. ( )
  ccox16 | Sep 21, 2016 |
My students loved "Spiders"! I was using it as a companion text to our weekly story. It began with an overview of spiders and how they are different from insects. It then gave information on all different types of spiders. The photographs were amazing and it got my students very interested in spiders and they wanted to know more and more. They kept wanting to ask questions about spiders, many that I did not know the answer to, so the next time they went to the library they all looked for spider books. The also asked about this time of book (with the photographs) so I was able to recommend additional Seymour Simon books to them! ( )
  jroy218 | Sep 20, 2012 |
This was a good book to read to help understand that spiders do more good than bad. It tells facts about spiders, more good than bad. It is informative that not only should we fear them but respect what they do for us as well.
  jcwilcox | Nov 18, 2011 |
Talks about the different body parts of a spider, the two main types of spiders, what all spiders have in common, how they produce/make webs, where spiders live, how they catch their prey, when they mate, how they lay eggs, etc. Covers all parts of learning about a spider:)
  laurasmith | Sep 14, 2011 |

Exceptional nonfiction for children from two of the most trusted names in science education: Seymour Simon and the Smithsonian Institution.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:20 -0400)

An introduction to the physical characteristics, behavior, and life cycle of different kinds of spiders.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,477,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible