Can You See What I See? Dream Machine:…

Can You See What I See? Dream Machine: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve (edition 2003)

by Walter Wick (Author), Walter Wick (Illustrator)

Member:kidsread
Title:Can You See What I See? Dream Machine: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
Authors:Walter Wick (Author)
Other authors:Walter Wick (Illustrator)
Info:Cartwheel (2003), Edition: Act, 40 pages
Collections:Wishlist
Tags:Juvenile, non-fiction, picture, search and find, picture puzzles

Can You See What I See? Dream Machine by Walter Wick

This concept picture is loaded with all kinds of objects that require carefull searching. the theme is about robots, space and futuristic buildings.Each page has many ojects to find. The way the words for the objects are rhyming and fun to read.The pictures cativate a young readers attention. The pictures are made up of everyday items displayed to look like bulidings, cities and a dream machine.
I enjoyed searching for the items. some of the items were a challenge yet others were obvious. It encourages beginning readers to read the words to find the object.
An extention activity I would use in the classroom would be to have the student make their own I spy picture with hidden objects. Another activity could be to find the rhyming words.
  LyndaHuntley | Feb 9, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0439399505, Hardcover)

Inspired by the artistic imaginings of children, Walter Wick has made a career of setting up and photographing elaborate miniature sets crammed with gazillions of gewgaws--yo-yos, buttons, plastic sheep, hot dog buns, playing cards, spoons, funnels, domino tiles, teapot spouts--in the I Spy series (with Jean Marzollo) and his bestselling Can You See What I See? Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve. Dream Machine continues this tradition with a space-age twist. The first two-page spread, "Bedtime," is a grownup-eyed view of a child’s darkened bedroom, with the accompanying text: "Can you see/ what I see?/ Five cards, a bike,/ three soccer balls,/ a spotted owl,/ striped overalls,/ an elephant,/ a dog asleep,/ a dinosaur tail,/ seven white sheep,/ a yo-yo, a boat,/ a can, a jar,/ a lightning bolt/ on a little red car!" In subsequent spreads the camera lens zooms in to focus on the tiny worlds within worlds under the child's chair. Clutter gives way to order as the reader is asked to join Wick in his nighttime dreamscape. The possibilities are endless for sharp-eyed children who choose to go beyond the "search and solve" puzzles. Hours of fun await! (Ages 4 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:47 -0400)

A child enters a dream machine and encounters hidden picture puzzles intended for the reader to solve.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,516,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible