Dogma [1999 film] (1999)

by Kevin Smith (Director/Screenwriter/Actor)

Other authors: Ben Affleck (Actor), George Carlin (Actor), Matt Damon (Actor), Linda Fiorentino (Actor), Salma Hayek (Actor)6 more, Jason Lee (Actor), Jason Mewes (Actor), Alanis Morissette (Actor), Alan Rickman (Actor), Chris Rock (Actor), Howard Shore (Composer)

Series: View Askewniverse (4)

Two banished angels find a loophole that would get them back into heaven. The only snag? They'll be destroying existence in the process. In an effort to stop them, the overworked voice of God (Alan Rickman) taps cynical mortal Bethany to save the world by preventing the angels from reaching their unholy destination.… (more)

English (2)  Russian (1)  All languages (3)
  snvids | Jul 30, 2007 |

Morissette, AlanisActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rickman, AlanActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rock, ChrisActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shore, HowardComposersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Metatron: Metatron acts as the voice of God. Any documented occasion when some yahoo claims that God has spoken to them, they're speaking to me. Or they're talking to themselves.
Loki: Our last four days on Earth. If I had a dick, I'd go get laid. But we can do the next best thing.
Bartleby: What's that?
Loki: Let's kill people.
[A woman standing next to them does a spit take]
Loki: Oh, not you.
Bethany: Look, just take whatever you want, but don't kill or rape me.
Metatron: Oh, give over, will you? I couldn't rape you if I wanted to; Angels are ill-equipped! [Drops his pants to show blank skin where his genitals should be] See? I'm as anatomically impaired as a Ken doll. Now make yourself useful and gimme that towel, will you? Honestly, you bottom feeders and your arrogance, you think everybody's just trying to get in your knickers.
Bethany: What are you?
Metatron: I'm pissed off, is what I am! Do you go around drenching everybody that comes into your room with flame-retardant chemicals? No wonder you're single.
Bethany: You knew Christ?
Rufus: Knew him? Shit, nigga owes me 12 bucks!

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,894,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible