Nearly a Lady by Alissa Johnson

I'm sorry to say that I didn't like this book nearly as much as did some of my GR friends. Nor did I hate it. I liked Gideon and Winnefred. Their story was interesting. The love affair sweet. But, who knows why some books grab one reader and not another?

This was my first Alissa Johnson book, and I'll definitely try another. ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
Lady Wombat says:

Far less charming and funny than Johnson's earlier books.
  Wombat | Jul 9, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425241815, Mass Market Paperback)

Lord Gideon Haverston wanted to right his family's wrongs. So when he promises young Winnefred Blythe the money that his stepmother had cheated her out of over the years, he expects to be greeted as a hero. But the situation is much more complicated than Gideon had expected-and the task of taming the untrusting Winnefred much more alluring.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:50 -0400)

When a stranger from London arrives, promising to return the funds that have been stolen from her through the years, Winnefred Blythe, who is accustomed to making do with very little, finds it hard to trust Lord Gideon Haverston.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,423,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible