Reached by Ally Condie

Reached (edition 2013)

by Ally Condie (Author)

Series: Matched (3)

In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky.
Member:memtigers1977
Title:Reached
Authors:Ally Condie (Author)
Info:Penguin Books (2013), Edition: Reprint, 544 pages

Work Information

Reached by Ally Condie

English (124)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (126)
I didn't like this nearly as much as the first book of the series, or even as much as the second. Too much poetry and such. Not able to connect with the characters personally. ( )
  MBTC | Jul 9, 2022 |
This was a good conclusion to the series. I liked the way it kept the same tone the original two books had. Cassia and Xander and Ky spend part of the novel apart and part together, just like before, and I really enjoyed the conflict presented in this one, one the Society predictably tries to cover up,, and that they must race to solve. And of course I appreciated the ending. Very fitting for the story.

''''thank you for overlooking spelling errors. Getting used to screen reader. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
I found this book frustrated me to no end! It seemed so slowly painful as it developed three very different stories for the three main characters. I realize that this was important but I honestly almost stopped reading the book out of frustration.

When the action picked up it was great. ( )
  abbieriddle | Mar 1, 2022 |
Will the Rising free everyone, or will it turn out to be tainted and flawed? Will Cassia end up with Ky, the boy she's been madly in love with for two books, or Xander, the boy next door she grew up with? Will the Rising's scheme to use a plague work just as they planned, or could something possibly go wrong? Is Xander a tool of Society or a tool of the Rising? What about this new girl Lei who Xander is working with? Will everyone end up under the jackbooted heel of dystopia or will they live in a democracy, casting votes? And who changed Cassia's Match in the first place anyway?

I loved the first book in the trilogy, felt eh about the second, and in-between about this final one. Highly recommended for people who want to find out what happens to these beloved characters, who are interested in epidemiology and statistical analysis explained simply, and who enjoy lyrical prose. Matched, the first novel, seemed to me like something that could really happen. Reached seemed more allegorical to me, like a parable of what it would mean to live in a world where poetry, art, writing, and creativity itself have been stamped out and are now unknown. Unfortunately, I'm a complete philistine and these questions leave me cold. But it was satisfying to read the conclusion of this trilogy. ( )
  jollyavis | Dec 14, 2021 |
I loved this whole trilogy. I loved how all the relationships played out and who ended up with who. The Rising turned out to be no better than the Society and there sabotage plans majorly back fired. This is a war and unfortunately not everyone will make it out alive. I really liked how the whole story wrapped up. I thought it was great! ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
Het wachten is voorbij
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,191,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible