The Son of Neptune (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Heroes of Olympus (2), Camp Half-Blood (7), Riordan's Demi-Gods (2.2)

Demigod Percy Jackson, still with no memory, and his new friends from Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank, go on a quest to free Death, but their bigger task is to unite the Greek and Roman camps so that the Prophecy of Seven can be fulfilled.
    The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1) by Rick Riordan (IreneReads)
    IreneReads: Both books involve Percy Jackson going on quests to save the world.
    Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (goldentiger99)
    goldentiger99: The Tiger's Curse series is like a mix of Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus and the twilight saga. So if you like both or only 1 series you'll like this book

English (180)  Spanish (2)  All languages (182)
Here there be Percy. OH THANK GOD!
His presence alone makes everything better. Even the MPD.
Also - Nico! I love this little shit.
I like this trio better. Water, death and war - what's not to love?

I have mixed feelings all over the place.
Mars after War Games? I grinned my way through. You've got to admire the bastard. ( )
  QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
Once again, I enjoyed a Percy Jackson book! I am not sure exactly what it is about these books that keeps me coming back for more....it can't be the ridiculously impossible quests that MUST be completed in four days or less, or how they always seem to manage just that. I enjoy the humor and am glad that Percy is back in the spotlight. I really liked Hazel and Frank and Ella too! I was cracking up about the Amazons/Amazon tie-in! It was fun to learn more about the Roman side of the gods and to retravel in the Pac NW. If you liked the other books, I am sure you will like this one too. I already have Mark of Athena on order.... ( )
  BarbF410 | May 22, 2022 |
Oh Percy I missed you so much! Welcome back! But wait, new characters as well?! Frank, Hazel, and Reyna?! And an appearance by Nico?! Yeah I pretty much love everyone in this book even if it does introduce us to Octavian, the real of bane of Olympus. I like the friendship between the three main characters. Its different than the main trio of the original series, and the friendship between Leo, Jason, and Piper in the previous book. They become this cohesive team fairly quickly, but it doesn't feel forced. I also like the world building with the introduction of the new camp and the Amazons. Definitely a favorite. ( )
  mutantpudding | Dec 26, 2021 |
I love these books. The Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus etc. give me the feeling like I am reading Harry Potter. Rick is a great writer. He is funny, creates wonderful characters that you really care about and great action packed novels. This one was even better than the last, and waiting until next fall to find out what happens after this.....well, I am very impatient and it is going to suck. I loved the new characters, and it was wonderful to see Percy again. I think I like the Heroes of Olympus even a tiny bit better than the first five Percy books. ( )
  banrions | Dec 7, 2021 |
Great fun! Another good one for those young lads. :D
I do wish Percy wouldn't be so occupied with Annabeth. I smell something in the future. . . ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who shares my sanctuary in New Rome. Even Hera could never make me forget you.
The snake-haired ladies were starting to annoy Percy.

Percy is going to Camp Jupiter with no memory of his former life. After being told to do so by Wolf Lupa. When he is going he is constantley holding of the gorgon sisters of Medusa. but when he reaches the camp two ards jump to the aid of Percy as he caries goddess Hera to saftey. But the two gaurds are attacked as they try to get to camp. So then Percy is deemed worthy of being at Camp Jupiter. Not long fter receiving a quest from Aries that Hi, Frank and Hazzel must go to free death or Thanatos. Also redeem honor of fifth cohort. And so they travel to Alaska with many bumps along the way including escaping Amazons. But when they arrive they free death kill the giant and save the fifth cohort honor.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,612,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible