Chant 5 de la Belgariade : La Fin de partie…

Chant 5 de la Belgariade : La Fin de partie de l'Enchanteur (edition 1992)

by David Eddings (Author)

Member:lcottereau
Title:Chant 5 de la Belgariade : La Fin de partie de l'Enchanteur
Authors:David Eddings (Author)
Info:Pocket (1992), 412 pages
Collections:Your digital library

Enchanters' End Game by David Eddings (Author)

English (38)  Finnish (2)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All (44)
I honestly really struggled with the last book. It dragged a lot, and I felt like it was lacking action. Mind you, I loved first four books, they were highly engaging and interesting and then all of that suddenly dropped in the last book.
Still looking forward to the Mallorean cycle though. ( )
  Rinonka | Dec 20, 2016 |
This was a good, if slightly underwhelming, ending to the series. Everything that applied to the earlier books applies to this as well.

Which brings me to my only real nit-pick with this book. It did not stand alone well at all. It really needed the backing of the previous books, and it needed to be read as part of a whole. Instead of 5 books, this series should be taken as a whole, divided into 5 sections for ease of handling. But it is one story that does not divide well.

And since that is the worst I can say about the book, then that is pretty good! ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This being the fifth book in the series, Garion has learnt his fate and despite his overwhelming terror, he, his grandfather Belgarion and the thief Silk are making their way through the northern wastes of the Angorak lands. As the trio make their way to the City of Endless Night, Ce'Nedra has raised an army to fight the Angoraks in the south to divert them.

In most series these days, the battle of Thull Mardu would take up a whole book in its own right. Here it gets just over a chapter or two and we're kept somewhat distant (in my opinion!) from the action. Even the climactic confrontation at the end of the book feels somewhat offhand. ( )
  JohnFair | Sep 4, 2016 |
The final book in the Belgariad series. There was plenty of action and humor in this episode. The series wrapped up and the mysteries were explained. I enjoyed reading the story mostly because of the banter between Polgara and the other characters. Usually Silk is my favorite character, but in this episode, I thought Polgara shined. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
The final book in the Belgariad Series. Garion knows what he must do. Torak waits for him. All the other side stories come to a close in this book for the final climax.

I loved this entire series. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Fantasy realm. ( )
  DVerdecia | Jan 29, 2016 |

Spångberg, YlvaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Taylor, GeoffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And finally,
for Leigh, my beloved wife,
whose hand and thought have touched every page,
and who has joined me in this making - even as she joins me in all that I do.
Being an account of beginnings - and endings.
- excerpts from The Book of Torak*

Hear me, ye Angaraks, for I am Torak, Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

*Editor's note: This version, said to be from the dread Book of Torak, is one of several circulated among the Nadraks. Since only the high Grolims were permitted official copies of the work, it is impossible to establish that this version is authentic, though internal evidence suggests that much of it may be. A true copy of the complete Book of Torak is believed to be in the library of King Anheg of Cherek, but this was not available for comparison.
There was, Garion decided, something definitely mournful about the sound of mule bells.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345338715, Mass Market Paperback)

THE DRIVE OF PROPHECY

To the south, his fiancée, the princess Ce'Nedra, led the armies of the West in a desperate effort to divert the forces of Torak's followers from the man she loved.

Here is the brilliant conclusion to the epic of The Belgariad, which began in Pawn of Prophecy--a novel of fate, strange lands, and a Prophecy that must be fulfilled--the resolution of the war of men, Kings, and Gods that had spanned seven thousand years!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:33 -0400)

The quest was over. The Orb of Aldur was restored. And once again, with the crowning of Garion, there was a descendant of Riva Iron-grip to rule as Overlord of the West. But the Prophecy was unfulfilled. In the east, the evil God Torak was about to awaken and seek dominion. Somehow, Garion had to face the God, to kill or be killed. On the outcome of that dread duel rested the destiny of the world. Now, accompanied by his grandfather, the ancient sorcerer Belgarath, Garion headed toward the City of Endless Night, where Torak awaited him. To the south, his fiancee, the princess Ce'Nedra, led the armies of the West in a desperate effort to divert the forces of Torak's followers from the man she loved. The Prophecy drove Garion on. But it gave no answer to the question that haunted him: How does a man kill an immortal God? Here is the brilliant conclusion to the epic of The Belgariad.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,175,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible