Dick Francis's Gamble by Felix Francis

Dick Francis's Gamble

by Felix Francis

3011957,717 (3.43)39
As one of the youngest-ever winners of the Grand National, Nick "Foxy" Foxton was enjoying his career as a world-class jockey. It was on perfect track-until a near-fatal accident cut his dream brutally sort. When he returns to Aintree as a spectator years later, nothing can prepare him for what unfolds.--From book jacket.… (more)

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
I'd been waiting a long time to read Gamble, Felix Francis's first outing as a solo author, and I'm glad I finally got the chance recently.

It's no mean feat to step out from under the shadow of another successful author, let alone when that author was your father, but Felix has ensured with Gamble (and his other books) that he owns the genre in his own right.

Maintaining the trademark elements of horseracing and skulduggery, Felix adds his own twist and thoroughly modernises this style of thriller.

I'll definitely be reading more. ( )
  RachelAmphlett | Jul 23, 2018 |
YAY! YAY! Felix can write as well as his father. so glad. i love my horse mysteries with dry witty male protagonist and the twisty ending. so very glad. ( )
For my granddaughter
Sienna Rose
I was standing right next to Herb Kovak when he was murdered.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,746,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible