Faun & games by Piers Anthony

Faun & games (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Piers Anthony

Series: Xanth (21)

Another adventure in the 'Xanth' series moves the scene to Ptero, a tiny planet where the future of Xanth is fulfilled, and where a young satyr searches for a spirit to save a magic tree.
Member:McCoyD
Title:Faun & games
Authors:Piers Anthony
Info:New York : Tor, 1997.

Faun & Games by Piers Anthony (Author) (1997)

The Xanth books by Piers Anthony were one of the first SciFi/Fantasy series I ever read. I love puns so I have always enjoyed them. Upon re-reading them I can see that they have some weaknesses but overall they stand the test of time. They are a fun and fast read that keeps me amused without any deep thinking required. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
The miraculous and mirth-filled land of Xanth holds many marvels. But now an extraordinary new aspect of this remarkable realm unfolds as young Forrest Faun’s quest takes him to a tiny planet hidden in the heart of Xanth. There, with a delightful “day mare” as his constant companion, Forrest will find more marvels then he ever dreamed of.
  Gmomaj | Jul 25, 2021 |
A fun read. ( )
  RBeene | Mar 18, 2015 |
#21-- if the stories were as simple as the following description you probably would not read these books, luckily they're not!!

"A young faun discovers his friend has gone missing into the Void and thus, the tree that nymph is bound to will wither and die. The hero wishes to save his friend's tree but in doing so, he risks his own tree" ( )
  Scoshie | May 6, 2011 |
I feel I must qualify this by saying perhaps I have read too many in the series and have to expect a certain level of writing. Though the book is pretty much like the rest of the series: main character has a problem, goes to good magician, then ends up in a full fledged adventure. The trips to ida's moon is enough to make anyone loose track of where the characters were, where they came from, and what they were trying to accomplish. I do not recommend this book. ( )
  hermit | Jun 17, 2010 |

Anthony, PiersAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, Jody A.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Xanth (21)

Belongs to Publisher Series

"Na Faun, wie wär's mit uns, hm?"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,434,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible