Love's Portrait

by Monica Burns

When Julia Westgard commissions a nude portrait of herself, the painting is much more than a rebellious act. It's an attempt to regain her self-worth after years of a loveless, repressive marriage to her late husband. But the private portrait puts her directly in the path of Morgan St. Claire, one of the Marlborough Set's most notorious seducers. A man who doesn't take no for an answer. From the first moment Morgan sees Julia's portrait, he's determined to have her. But the woman he meets is a far cry from the image on canvas. What starts out as a simple exercise in seduction quickly evolves into a quest to reveal the true Julia. With each sensual encounter, he employs every erotic weapon at his disposal in hopes of making Julia see she really is the woman in Love's Portrait.… (more)
1892 (1) alpha-male (1) amz-com (1) B (1) ebook (5) erotic (2) erotica (2) fiction (4) free (1) historical (2) historical romance (4) I (1) K (1) Kindle (4) kindle-freebie (1) kindle-i-own (1) Liro (1) novella (1) own (1) rakes (1) Regency (1) romance (3) smut (1) to-read (6) unvalidated (1) Victorian (1)

2.5 stars

It was decent, with some pretty steamy scenes, but some things just stopped me from fully enjoying it.
For one, they fell in love way too quickly, and I really didn't know why they fell in love most of the time. And then there was the whole sappiness... I don't know, maybe I just wasn't in the mood for "Oh, your loved saved me", "without your love I...", "I can't live without you", "you're like the air I breath".
Don't get me wrong, I love romances, and they're usually with those sentiments, but I don't know... here it was just too much. It made me snort and grimace at times.

Also, in this edition the "too" and "to" was switched. It drove me crazy! ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
My First thought when I finished Love’s portrait was “well crap”. That was because I said I would not start a new book until after new years once I finished that one and well there is a bit of time left until New years. Pushing that aside..

Love’s Portrait introduces us to Julia and Morgan who are both strong and stubborn personalities. However they both have their pains and things that hold them back from the happiness they could both have. For Julia her now dead Husband Oscar forced her into submission and I do mean forced her into submission. Securing her to their marriage bed and rutting, as well as several other forms of abuse they left her scarred and afraid of the bondage of marriage.

For Morgan he grew up in an unhappy household. His parents did not love one another by the time he came along and they fought constantly. So his Father ignored him until he came of age to take over the family Company and his Mother resented him as he looked more and more like his Father. So all of this made Morgan also swear off marriage. However what happens when the unmovable object meets the unstoppable force?

A very hot and erotic romance novel is what you get. Monica Burns has created a very intense relationship and I fully enjoyed each moment. The erotic scenes were plentiful but not over the top and all of them very well written. I love the give and take of the dominance and submission between Julia and Morgan but also the way that their relationship grows. Both of them without seeking it find solace in one another and healing for the past harms. I love it! This whole wonderful relationship thanks to a painting and a handkerchief. ( )
  LadyAmbrosia | Apr 18, 2013 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,189,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible