Heaven Cent (Xanth #11) by Piers Anthony

Heaven Cent (Xanth #11) (edition 1990)

by Piers Anthony (Author)

Series: Xanth (11)

1,78997,658 (3.21)1 / 10
In the mind of Xanth's precious shapeshifting Prince Dolph, the perfect was to see the world is to search for the missing sorcerer, Humfrey. Setting off with his faithfuls companion, Marrow, an enchanted skeleton, Dolph will penetrate an island of illusion, escape a goblin kingdom, outwit a husband-hungry mermaid, save marrow from bone-starved harpies, and find romance with a slinky snake princess--all on his way to discovering a magic coin with all the answers… (more)
Member:IanPercival
Title:Heaven Cent (Xanth #11)
Authors:Piers Anthony (Author)
Info:Hodder Paperbacks (1990), Edition: New edition, 336 pages

Work Information

Heaven Cent by Piers Anthony

The Xanth books by Piers Anthony were some of the first SciFi/Fantasy books I ever read. I love puns so I have always enjoyed them. Upon re-reading them I can see that they have some weaknesses but overall they stand the test of time. They are a fun and fast read that keeps me amused without any deep thinking required. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
In the mind of Xanth's precious shapeshifting Prince Dolph, the perfect way to see the world is to search for the missing sorcerer, Humfrey.

Setting off with his faithful companion, Marrow, an enchanted skeleton, Dolph will penetrate an island of illusion, escape a goblin kingdom, outwit a husband-hungry mermaid, save marrow from bone-starved harpies, and find romance with a slinky snake princess--all on his way to discovering a magic coin with all the answers!
  Gmomaj | Jul 25, 2021 |
This one was a fun read but left the reader hanging a bit which forces one to buy the next book. I planned to buy it but I do not like the push and though Anthony is as dependable as can be, I have been burned too often by writers who left cliff hangers and then got writer's block or some other life crisis or dropped dead and the answers are never given. I have said it before. I don't like cliff hangers and especially if I have to wait a year for the answer. I only get ticked over books I get engaged with to the point that I need the answer. ( )
  Karen74Leigh | Sep 4, 2019 |
Another quest and find love tale from Anthony. Luckily, he makes his characters somewhat interesting and one is able to enjoy different details and plot elements from book to book. This one is the start of a trilogy so approaches that plot machine from a slightly different angle. Poor Dolph, future King of Xanth, has all the female characters throw themselves at him. Life must be tough... ( )
  utbw42 | Jan 13, 2014 |
I read this series out of order when I was in my late teens. This was the first I picked up and started me on my love of all things Xanth. ( )
  AprilAasheim | Jul 7, 2013 |

Piers Anthonyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Xanth (11)

Belongs to Publisher Series

For Cam - my wife of 32 years, and counting.
Dolph made himself comfortable on Ivy's bed and watched the Tapestry.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,065,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible