Ein Erbe für den Drachen by Robert N.…
Member:towo
Title:Ein Erbe für den Drachen
Authors:Robert N. Charrette
Info:Heyne (1991), Broschiert
Rating:***1/2
Tags:BattleTech, science fiction, German, fiction

Heir to the Dragon by Robert N. Charrette

Wow! This is everything I love in a Battletech novel! Charrette's second Battletech novel is loads better than Wolves on the Border. It's got interesting characters, political subterfuge and, of course, a good amount of mech battles as well. Where Wolves on the Border left me feeling like the Draconis Combine is ruled by a bunch of dimwits, Heir to the Dragon gave me a real insight into why the Draconis Combine is the powerhouse that it is. I particularly enjoyed learning about the various powers in the Combine (Order of 5 Pillars, nekogami, etc) and it's cool to see how they work with and against each other - all for the glory of the Dragon. If I had reservations about Charrette as a Battletech author, they're gone now.

Like other Battletech novels, it helps if you've read the earlier books first, but it isn't necessary. I think this would be a great read on it's own - a solid introduction to the Battletech universe. ( )
  TheMadTurtle | Sep 2, 2009 |
This one's just for you, ERJ.
Subhash Indrahar seemed a solidification of the night as he stepped between his minions and into the bedchamber.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451455274, Mass Market Paperback)

Theodore Kurita is heir apparent to the Draconis Combine. But after a 20-year odyssey of lethal encounters and narrow escapes, the most dangerous foe of all awaits at the end--his own father!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:17 -0400)

Theodore Kurita is heir to apparent to the Draconis Combine, one of the most powerful realms of the Inner Sphere. But the Draconis Combine has never been a place of smooth transitions. Kurita?s perilous journey to power is a twenty-year odyssey of lethal encounters and narrow escapes. And at the end awaits the most dangerous foe of all, the man whom Theodore must one day depose?his own father.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,261,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible