Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (edition 2011)

by Cassandra Clare

Member:EDHSLC
Title:Clockwork Princess
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Publisher Unknown (2011)
Collections:Fiction, Your library

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

English (140)  Swedish (1)  Danish (1)  All (142)
An absolutely terrific ending to the trilogy. It is so hard to find a set of main characters whom are so easy to love but Tessa, Jem, and Will are the epitome of everything desirable and more. Though I did know all the plot-twists prior to reading the book due to being spoiled, I was still extremely impressed with how everything was so carefully stringed together. However, I believe my favorite bit of the story was the epilogue. It both took my breath away and broke my heart. Absolutely fantastic. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
FIVE GLORIOUS STARS.

I really wasn’t sure how much I would enjoy these books and was hesitant to start reading Cassandra Clare after she was initially recommended to me (by my mother of all people) almost seven years ago (has it really been that long!?). To be honest, I avoided reading her then because I thought I would just be stepping into another overhyped but underwhelming urban fantasy world (we all know the series I’m referring to). That said, I knew enough about the stories going into them that I was already curious and intrigued so I’ve dedicated the last several weeks to reading her books.

And goodness me is The Infernal Devices now one of my favorite series. Clockwork Princess alone deserves all of the stars and glory it’s been given over the years. This series makes me want to read all of the classics, stand on Blackfriars Bridge for an hour and ride through Wales. Very rarely does a book hit me so deeply, but the story of Will, Jem and Tessa had me contemplating the span of lives, loss, waiting and living. Sure it’s a love triangle, but have you ever seen a love triangle handled quite this way? This is the way it’s done folks. Mutual love, respect and a bond that cannot be severed. I feel so intensely for these characters and understand now why they are so cherished. Not just Will, Jem and Tessa - but all of the secondary characters had unique qualities to admire and love.

And that epilogue!? Cassandra Clare is a true master that she could make me cry through the whole thing while I knew the book would still have a happy ending. I kept asking myself why I was crying and kept answering: “Because it’s beautiful and tragic, it’s everything I wanted and didn’t want.” I had already loved Will to my core from the beginning of Clockwork Angel but Jem’s moments in this book opened a whole new level of adoration of him for me. Every time he came and left as the end of the book had me reaching for the tissues.

I am not ready to leave the London Institue but I rejoice in knowing there is still more of Will and of course Tessa and Jem to come. ( )
  libraryinthecountry | May 6, 2018 |
3.5 stars
This book was very effective. I cried. A lot.
But I was also aware of Clare in the background, pulling and manipulating my feelings, which was distracting.
Also, this book is messy. It's more like three novellas? I feel like it could have used a better editor.
Finally, I don't know ANYONE EVER who has felt that kind of overwhelming passion/love that Jem AND Will feel for Tessa, let alone two boys who say it in pretty much the same ways. I started rolling my eyes at every profession.
However, I'm glad I read it. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
A pleasant, fun adventure with lots of laughs, smiles, and a few almost-tears. All-in-all, a nice series conclusion, though without the backbone of The Mortal Instruments, I definitely would not have liked it much, and do not like it nearly as much in comparison. There wasn't as much story to tell, unfortunately, though the characters grew on me. The death of Jessamine was an actually pleasant surprise from a literary standpoint (I'm not a sadist) as Clare pulled the same trick, or a very similar one at least, in City of Heavenly Fire with Isabelle's almost death, but obviously didn't follow through, leading to a rather undefeatable, unnecessarily powerful main team. By comparison, the losses in this book were just satisfying enough to warrant my mention. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Mar 30, 2018 |
One of the most emotional books I have ever read, especially for a conclusion of a series. I love Cassandra Clare for how she handled the ending of this series. She doesn't leave anything unanswered and gives a beautiful ending that will make both people who want Tessa with Will or Jem happy! ( )
  IntrovertedBooks | Mar 26, 2018 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sharman, DanielNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I held it truth, with him who sings

To one clear harp in divers tones,

That men may rise on stepping-stones

Of their dead selves to higher things.

--Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam A.H.H."
For the Lewis family:

Melanie, Jonathan, and Helen
"I'm afraid," said the little girl sitting on the bed.
(p. 11)

Marry on Monday for health,

Tuesday for wealth

Wednesday the best day of all,

Thursday for crosses,

Friday for losses, and

Saturday for no luck at all.

--Folk rhyme
(p. 31)

And much of Madness, and more of Sin,

And Horror the soul of the plot.

--Edgar Allan Poe, "The Conqueror Worm"
(p. 48)

THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT PITY.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT REGRET.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT NUMBER.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING.
(P. 48)

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOULS.

In Clockwork Princess, Tessa and her companions travel all over the world as they race to stop the clockwork army before it's too late. As Jem's health worsens alarmingly and his friends search desperately for a cure, can Tessa choose between the two boys she loves — even if it means never seeing the other one again?

When seventeen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray is kidnapped by the villainous Mortmain in his final bid for power, the London Institute rallies to save her, but is beset by danger and betrayal at every turn.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,748,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible