Famine Diary: Journey to a New World

by James J. Mangan

53None496,209 (4)1
Famine Diary shows us the human face of the statistics of the Great Famine.In 1847, Gerald Keegan, a schoolteacher, and his young bride left County Sligo to travel aboard the now infamous coffin ships to Canada. This book is based on the diary he kept of his journey, and in it he charts the reality of famine and emigration -- and the bittersweet fate of those who survived to reach the promised New World. Gerald Keegan's personal, touching diary brings us an account of one life, which represents the pain of a whole people.… (more)

No reviews

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,778,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible