1, 2, 3 to the Zoo by Eric Carle

1, 2, 3 to the Zoo (original 1968; edition 1998)

by Eric Carle (Author)

Each car on the train has one more zoo animal than the one before, from the first car with an elephant to the last with ten birds.
Member:mamasoup22655
Title:1, 2, 3 to the Zoo
Authors:Eric Carle (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (1998), Edition: Reprint, 32 pages

Work Information

1, 2, 3 to the Zoo by Eric Carle (1968)

Eric Carle certainly needs no introduction from me, but this book seems to be one of his less well-known works. His classic illustrations take primary importance as this is a wordless book - at least, there's nothing specified to say aloud. Instead, this book is a great opportunity for young readers to become active participants by identifying numbers 1-10 and counting the different animals on their way to the zoo. A charming touch is the bottom of each page spread where you can keep track of which animals have joined the train already. The end of the book features a lively illustration of all the animals in their exhibits at the zoo and the now empty train. My daughter is 4.5 and has known her numbers for a while, but still loves reading this book.
  KristenRoper | Sep 1, 2021 |
A quick, fun, and easy-to-read colorful madness. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
Counting 1 to 10 with zoo animals, pictures and numbers only
  uufnn | Aug 29, 2018 |
"1, 2, 3 To The Zoo" is a counting book for children. They ride on a train to the zoo, and you get to count the animals on the train. This book is perfect for young readers! ( )
  mthomassie | May 3, 2018 |
As we board the train to the zoo, we come across many different animals. Each time we are adding more animals to our story. We can have kids count with us or subtract. All while we are introducing different math concepts while reading this book. ( )
  ktgordon | Nov 27, 2017 |

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,486,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible