Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist

Love on the Line (edition 2011)

by Deeanne Gist (Author)

2001392,410 (3.84)11
In 1904 Texas Ranger Luke Palmer arrives in Brenham, Texas, with one goal--to capture the gang of outlaws led by Frank Comer. Undercover as a telephone repairman, he uses his days on the range to search, not realizing there's another pair of eyes watching him. Georgie Gail, switchboard operator and birder, heads out on a birding expedition, but instead of sighting a painted bunting, her opera glasses capture her telephone man, armed and far away from telephone lines. Palmer is forced to take this alluring troublemaker into his confidence and unwittingly puts her in harm's way. The closer he comes to the gang, the further she works her way into his heart--and into trouble. Soon it's more than just love that's on the line.… (more)
Member:EvaMarieR
Title:Love on the Line
Authors:Deeanne Gist (Author)
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2011), 368 pages

Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist

1904 rural Texas is the setting for this light-hearted romance between a switchboard operator and a dashing Texas Ranger. ( )
  mcmlsbookbutler | Sep 19, 2016 |
I love historical romance novels. I especially like them when they are clean and wholesome. I read this type of book with my daughters when they were growing up. Now my daughter is carrying on the tradition. It is wonderful books like this one by Deeanne Gist that I can recommend to them. Thank you Deeanne for writing such interesting and entertaining books. ( )
  Sandralb | Aug 30, 2016 |
This was a cute story, but the cover is what drew me in, and it fit in very well with the story line. Georgie Gail in an independent rural switchboard operator, who has a real love for birds. I was fascinated by how the switchboards worked, how there really was a ban put on using wild bird parts on ladies hats in 1913, and how many of the Texas train robbers incidents were based on true happenings. This author did her research well and put it all together in a fun historical romance, with a little bit of mystery thrown in.

Luke Palmer is not who he says he is; a repair man for the telephone lines. He is really a Texas Ranger going undercover to find the leader of a gang of notorious train robbers. He will find himself working closely with Georgie, the phone operator, and learning that she is a handful. It was fun watching these two work together and learning how to get along. The whole story was a lot of fun for me. ( )
  judyg54 | Mar 9, 2016 |
While Deeanne Gist is one of my favorite authors, this book was not among my favorites. It was a decent story and I enjoyed the setting, but the excitement was lost on the overload of tedious facts about telephones and birds. That being said, I still love this author and look forward to more of her work. ( )
  StephLaymon | Feb 3, 2016 |
3.5 ( )
  lyssa73 | Aug 2, 2014 |

Bethany House

2 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764204092, 0764209493

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,771,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible