Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle) by…

Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle) (edition 2011)

by Christopher Paolini (Author)

5,1971301,292 (3.91)79
Member:Massey123
Title:Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle)
Authors:Christopher Paolini (Author)
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2011), Edition: 1st, 860 pages
Collections:Shelby's Books

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: First of the series
    Archie Wilson: & The Nuckelavee (Volume 1) by Mark A. Cooper (carltontomasso)
    The Star Wars Trilogy by George Lucas (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A young man is given the opportunity to manipulate great power and restore a lost order.

English (116)  German (4)  Spanish (3)  French (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (129)
Meh, I enjoyed it okay. I still think Paolini must be a fan of Melville as he takes forever to get from A to B...likes to hear himself talk. And, I hated the ending. HATED. But, after a reread of the series it gets 3 stars.

However, my original review:

Well, I did enjoy it. I was totally skeptical after Brisinger (crap!), but this was more like the first two. I would give it three and a half stars if it was an option. It started to drag a bit, but picked right back up again. If you liked one and two, even if you hated three like I did, I expect you will like this one as well.

The end is a bit weird. You get to where you expect it to end and then have a few pages of they went here and they went there and he got the girl and yadda yadda...but you realize there are 70-odd pages left. Huh? Yeah. I think he's setting it up for a second series to spin out of it.

I was a bit disappointed that he did the whole boat sailing away into the great unknown thing, as it was so "Tolkien" at the end of LotR. You would think that he would have gotten the hint from all of the negative blow back after Eragon that if you pilfer, at least find a way to make it your own. This was almost identical, but with lots of food. There again, I'm not sure Paolini listens to anything unless you're talking in his own made up elvish language...
I made the further mistake of flipping the page after I'd finished only to find a little directory of the Elvish, Dwarvish, Urgulish and whatever-else-ish words he'd made up and how to pronounce them. Like I bloody well care how to pronounce them! I'm not going to be using them verbally!! Hello, Chris, they're not real!

All things considered, I was totally disappointed. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
I am do tired right now, but it was most definitely worth it. This finale to the Inheritance series was phenomenal! It seemed a little slow at first, but everything in it, whether it seemed important or now, was vital to the life of the story.
Bravo, Paolini! You're writing has gotten better with each book, and the story grew and became more and more amazing the further you went. ( )
  kat_the_bookcat | Feb 7, 2019 |
Lite sorgligt att serien är slut nu. Får ta och läsa om den snart, nu när alla delarna finns ute. ( )
  litetmonster | Jan 25, 2019 |
Mijn review kan je vinden op mijn blog:

Waarom zo lang gewacht om een review te schrijven?
Omdat ik het wilde laten bezinken. Was de vergelijking die ik in mijn hoofd had terecht?
Durf ik die online te zetten?

Na lang beraad ga ik het doen! Ik vind het een geweldig boek en een super serie! Wat mij betreft kan je kan hem, als schrijver, naast Tolkien zetten. Wat een wereld word er in deze vier boeken geschapen.
In dit boek valt alles op zijn plek, quotes uit het eerste boek komen uiteindelijk in het laatst boek Erfenis uit!

LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
Satisfying but not very challenging. The ended really dragged on without adding much in my opinion. ( )
  brakketh | Nov 6, 2018 |

Paolini, Christopherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Aulanko, SirkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Proietti, MichelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto Di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for the dreamers of dreams: the many artists, musicians and storytellers who have made this journey possible.
The dragon Saphira roared, and the soldiers before her quailed.

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

The young Dragon Rider Eragon must finally confront the evil king Galbatorix to free Alagaesia from his rule once and for all.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,493,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible