Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

Midwinterblood (original 2011; edition 2014)

by Marcus Sedgwick (Author)

"Seven linked vignettes unfold on a Scandinavian island inhabited--throughout various time periods--by Vikings, vampires, ghosts, and a curiously powerful plant"--Provided by publisher.
Member:Shareuv
Title:Midwinterblood
Authors:Marcus Sedgwick (Author)
Info:Square Fish (2014), 288 pages

Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick (2011)

Recently added byprivate library, lillyshea, SSBranham, AnnaBookcritter, loonacie, rickycatto, PabonJess, noirverse
    Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (celerydog)
    celerydog: similar inter-linked stories structure and equally satisfying

Midwinterland comprises 7 stories retreating by leaps of time into the past. They become very repetitive. The great reveal is, they are supposed to be all about the same people, soulmates fated since the beginning. "I will live seven times, and I will look for you and love you in each life." No wonder it was repetitive. ( )
  muumi | Jun 20, 2020 |
3.5 ( )
  LianaH | Apr 4, 2020 |
Dark and suspenseful - this books is a good book to recommend to those teens who turn their noes up at the romance filled, "who will she end up with" popular YA titles. There are elements of the story that reminded me of Lost and The Wicker Man as a small island's secrets are revealed.

It is the sort of book that asks for a re-reading.
  Vantine | Apr 1, 2020 |
RGG: With a minimal number of words, Sedgwick creates a magical mood in a series of connected stories that travel through time. Lovely. Reading Interest: 14-YA.
  rgruberhighschool | Mar 22, 2020 |
A real page turner! I've had this book for awhile and having read White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick and loving it, I decided to give Midwinterblood a go.

What am amazing book!! I finished it in less than 24 hours! It's like reading a bunch of short stories that are part of one big story.

I'd definitely recommend this book as it's definitely one of my now faves =) ( )
  khal_khaleesi | Nov 16, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,827,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible