Naughty in Nice by Rhys Bowen

Naughty in Nice

by Rhys Bowen

Series: Her Royal Spyness (5)

English (34)  Piratical (1)  All languages (35)
Love this series and especially love listening to it. Such a talented narrator! ( )
  tkcs | Feb 23, 2019 |
Georgie finds herself frozen by the English winter and Fig's move to close up Rannoch house for a vacation in the Riviera. So, when the queen gives Georgie a mission to retrieve a stolen snuffbox and keep an eye on the prince, Georgie finds herself basking in the French sun and pursued by a wealthy and handsome marquis. However, the loss of a valuable royal necklace, complications on her mission, an arrest for murder, and the possibility that Darcy has a secret family cast a shadow over the festivities. With the help of Coco Chanel, Mummy, her grandfather, Darcy, and a French Surete officer, they uncover the murderer and expose a theft/forgery plot. ( )
  4leschats | Oct 22, 2018 |
I'm so tired of series right now, so it's surprised me how very much I enjoyed this book. I really like Georgiana: she's naive, but not stupid, inexperienced, but no shocked. I get annoyed with Fig and Belinda, not to mention Georgiana's mother, but I find myself wrapped up trying to guess whodunit. Fun!
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
I should have read the books in this series first. It was a good read. I was lost on some of it, but that is my own fault. ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
So fun, so French, and so Ooh La La! An jilted lover, a French Casanova, a famous French fashion designer and Georgie's family all along for the ride! (Not to mention that Darcy is seen playing on the beach with a child that looks JUST like him.)

Miss Bowen has done exceptionally well in her rendering of the Riviera jet set pre-World War II. The attitudes of the wealthy and the n'er do well are enchanting to read, with Georgiana caught up in it again! I do like the fact that her character is growing with each novel from a scared little mousy schoolgirl- yes, of course with a great deal of charm- into a woman ready to handle anything life throws at her - well, baby steps. Can't wait for the next, Miss Bowen. ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |

Rhys Bowenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frangie, RitaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mattos, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to Marie O'Day,

whom I have elevated to the ranks of royalty for this story
The Riviera had never looked more inviting.

The national bestselling author of Royal Blood whisks her heroine away to the French Riviera for fun-and danger.

Lady Georgiana Rannoch has once again been called into service by Her Majesty the Queen. This time she's sent to Nice on a secret assignment that's nothing to sneeze at-recover the Queen's stolen snuff box.

As much of an honor as it is to be trusted by Her Majesty, an even greater honor awaits Georgie in Nice-as Coco Chanel herself asks Georgie to model her latest fashion. But when a necklace belonging to the Queen is stolen on the catwalk, Georgie has to find two priceless items-and solve a murder. How's a girl to find any time to go to the casino? [book description retrieved from Amazon 11/14/11]

In Nice to recover the Queen's stolen snuff box, Lady Georgiana Rannoch participates in a Coco Chanel fashion show where a necklace also belonging to the Queen goes missing, forcing her to search for both priceless items and solve a murder.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,418,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible