The Little Women Letters

by Gabrielle Donnelly

When the great-great-granddaughter of Josephine March finds a batch of letters, the words of the Little Women shed a glorious light on a new generation of sisters. The Atwaters are a loving, sprawling mess of a family and Fee's three daughters, Emma, Lulu and Sophie, couldn't be less alike if they tried. Emma is planning her wedding, Sophie is an up-and-coming actress, but Lulu - the cleverest of them all - is more than a little lost. If life is for living, why is she stuck in a series of dead-end jobs? Grandma Jo's letters had been gathering dust in the attic for decades, but when Lulu gets her hands on them, everything seems to change and different worlds begin to open up. And even though dark family secrets emerge, Jo's words offer comfort and guidance across the centuries. Sometimes family is all that matters. And sisters are the closest friends you can find.… (more)

A modern-day "Little Women." Chapters of the story set in present-day England are interspersed with letters from 1860's America, which are so well done, it seems as if Louisa May Alcott wrote them herself. An enjoyable read which really does evoke the spirit of "Little Women." ( )
  Cleoxcat | May 28, 2015 |
Chick lit. With Louisa May Alcott's Little Women used as a gimmick, in ways that it didn't need to be. In the second half I got into it in spire of myself. ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,376,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible