Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human…

Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Roy F. Baumeister (Author)

6942019,520 (3.8)8
Member:TheCriticalTimes
Title:Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength
Authors:Roy F. Baumeister (Author)
Info:Penguin Press (2011), Edition: 1, 304 pages

Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength by Roy F. Baumeister (Author) (2011)

This book's theories sound plausible enough, but they're built on experiments that can't be reproduced. The replication crisis strikes again!
  ex_ottoyuhr | May 7, 2017 |
Despite the somewhat cheeky title, this is a brilliant overview of what willpower and self-control is, what influences our willpower and how can we make changes to reach goals and make results last. Baumester and Tierny write with humour and zest, using the studies their theories are based on to the fullest extent. Some books may change your life; Willpower has the power to do so. ( )
  petterw | Dec 28, 2016 |
Solidly grounded in psychology research. Felt a bit like reading for doctoral seminars in my PhD program ... except the book is written in an engaging and easy to read style, not the standard journal article. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
This book has a lot of information about what influences our willpower, decision-making abilities, and self-control. It is filled with a lot of findings from research, as well as many stories about real people. I found it very interesting. Although I did not always agree with the conclusions drawn from the studies and stories, I think overall it has some good information. ( )
  writerfidora | Oct 26, 2015 |
  AdrienneJS | May 18, 2015 |

Baumeister, Roy F.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tierney, JohnAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tierny, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To our children,
Athena and Luke
However you define success -- a happy family, good friends, a satisfying career, robust health, financial security, the freedom to pursue your passions -- it tends to be accompanied by a couple of qualities.

The authors review the latest research to report key findings on willpower and offer practical advice for increasing it.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,985,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible