Choices by Mary Lee Settle

Choices

by Mary Lee Settle

The life of a Southern belle who decided to work rather than play the debutante. The novel chronicles her adventures as a nurse during the bloody Kentucky miners strike and as an ambulance driver in the Spanish Civil War, through World War II, to her return to America in time to take part in the civil rights struggle. By the author of The Killing Ground.… (more)

An Adventurous story worth the time. I really enjoyed this book. ( )
  sycamore | Oct 19, 2007 |
I first discovered this book at my local library in 1998 and was so touched by it that I sought it out again nearly 10 years later though I could remember neither the author nor the title. This is the story of a young women raised in high society who, after discovering that her father's fortune was obtained at the hands of coal miners, abandons her life of ease to try and make the world a better place. This is a journey that takes her to the coal mines of Kentucky, Spain and England. Though she is not able to make sweeping changes, the heroine has an immense and positive effect on those closest to her. ( )
  khuggard | Sep 26, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,919,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible