The Kingdom of Gods

by N. K. Jemisin

Series: The Inheritance Trilogy (3)

For 2,000 years the Arameri family has ruled the world by enslaving the very gods that created mortalkind. Now the gods are free, and the Arameri's ruthless grip is slipping. Yet they are all that stands between peace and world-spanning, unending war.

Throughout the first two novels of this trilogy, Sieh was a character who exuded contradiction. Thus, I appreciated this delving into Sieh's backstory as well as his progression as a character. I also enjoyed the world building opportunity that came from having a sequel set so far after the original and second novels (and even those were decently spaced in world time). Overall, this was my favorite book of the trilogy and I enjoyed the trilogy as a whole. ( )
  eri_kars | Jul 10, 2022 |
An interesting ending to the series that centered around a world of gods and humans living side by side. The third book continues the tradition of being only loosely related to the other books in the series. This book follows Sieh and deals with his child-like issues. While the world is very interesting, and there is further building upon the world in this book, the storyline is okay and becomes intangible at times. If you enjoyed the first two books though, you will likely enjoy this book as well. ( )
  renbedell | Jul 7, 2022 |
This is the best book of the series. Such a rich and wonderful world Jemisin has created! I so look forward to her other work. ( )
  Carmentalie | Jun 4, 2022 |
screaming into the Maelstrom ( )
  wilmarierj | Feb 19, 2022 |
The series seemed to go downhill a bit. The first book was fantastic. Second was very good. This one seemed a little flat. Maybe it was the protagonist. Sieh is not a very engaging character and was largely passive in dealing with things. ( )
  smbass | Jan 30, 2022 |

N. K. Jemisinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

She looks so much like Enefa, I think, the first time I see her.

N. K. Jemisin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Orbit Books

2 editions of this book were published by Orbit Books.

Editions: 0316043931, 031604394X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,100,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible