In My Father's House: The Years Before The…

In My Father's House: The Years Before "The Hiding Place" (original 1976; edition 1976)

by Corrie Ten Boom

This is perhaps the most revealing of all her books, as Corrie introduces us to her life before the dramatic events of the war. It focuses on her family home, and she shares her momories of family life and the characters who shaped her early years.
Member:pastorklepper
Title:In My Father's House: The Years Before "The Hiding Place"
Authors:Corrie Ten Boom
Info:F. H. Revell Co (1976), Hardcover, 192 pages

In My Father's House: The Years Before "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom (1976)

In My Father's House is one of my favorite books. It chronicles the years before the events that took place in The Hiding Place. The reader gets a glimpse into the Ten Boom family and what shaped Corrie into the person she was. I absolutely loved this book. This is one of the most beautiful, godly families I've ever heard about, and I hope and pray to live out my faith like this family did. Major bonuses in this read are getting to see more of the kind of man and father Casper Ten Boom was, and there are so many simple gems of wisdom to come away with from this read. I also loved hearing about all of the answered prayers that Corrie saw decades after the prayers were made. Truly wonderful book that is well worth a reread every now and then. ( )
  Nova23 | Sep 3, 2018 |
This is a series of tales from the author's life, mainly about her family and life prior to World War II. A quick but pleasant read. ( )
  fuzzi | Dec 11, 2015 |
This book details the growing up and young adult years of Corrie Ten Boom, the years before the events of The Hiding Place occurred. The reader learns a great deal about how growing up "in her father's house" prepared Corrie for the events that none of them knew were coming. Yet her family had an interest in the Jewish people, even her grandfather met with other men to pray for them. And they had an interest in reaching out to others, especially young people, and teaching them to follow God and develop good character. The book goes from story to story, so it feels more like a book of short stories than a cohesive whole. Along the way there are gems of insights and quotations from Corrie or her father that readers will want to pause and reflect on. A nice little gem of an uplifting read. ( )
  debs4jc | Jun 12, 2014 |
This prequel to 'The Hiding Place' details the author's early home life where even the least of God's children - unwanted foster children, displaced refugees, hunted Jews - found a warm welcome in the family home.
  RubislawLibrary | Dec 8, 2013 |
This prequel to 'The Hiding Place' details the authors early home life where even the least of God's children - unwanted foster children, displaced refugees, hunted Jews - found a warm welcome warn welcome in the family home.
  Rubislaw | Oct 16, 2013 |
De bekende evangeliste Ten Boom (1892-1983) vertelt in dit boek over de jaren tot aan het begin van de Tweede Wereldoorlog. Haar vader was horlogemaker in Haarlem. Corrie groeide op in een gezin waarin het geloof centraal stond: haar vader had een open oog voor de nood van de medemens en hielp spontaan. Met haar moeder had Corrie een goede band. Samen met haar moeder bad ze toen ze vijf jaar was en gaf ze haar hart aan Jezus. De zekerheid van haar geloof straalt als een licht door dit boek, in alle gebeurtenissen waar ze als kind mee te maken kreeg. Thuis werd aan Bijbelstudie gedaan, in 1910 werd een Bijbelschool opgericht waar Corrie direct heenging. Boeiend beschrijft ze allerlei alledaagse gebeurtenissen van haar jonge meisjesleven, voor de oudere lezers herkenbaar, voor de jongere lezers een boek dat ze bewust kan maken van de dynamische geloofszekerheid die doorwerkt in het leven van elke dag. Met enkele foto's is dit boek een kostbaar geheel.

Ds. Jenno Sijtsma
added by karnoefel | editBol.com

Corrie Ten Boomprimary authorall editionscalculated
Carlson, Carole C.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,184,686 books! | Top bar: Always visible