The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

The Bar Code Tattoo

by Suzanne Weyn

The idea for the story was good, but the writing was really choppy and distracted me from what I was reading. Not one of her better books. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Not really a "recommendation" from a student. More like, student got this at RIF, and I acted really interested in it, and now he has asked me to read it....

After reading it, I'd say it's a good book. It is a distopian novel, set in the future (you know I loves me a distopia novel!) full of dirty politicians and money hungry international corporations. I liked it. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
The dystopian conditions were very well described and I enjoyed the progression of the story, although towards the end it started losing pace and some elements were unnecessary (without offering any spoilers). Still, a good afternoon read and a definite must for younger adults who should know about politics and the dangers of the current society. ( )
  Hana.Dooren.Richter | Sep 22, 2013 |
It was sooo good! I got a bit confussed at parts, but that's okay. I could still understand it overall. ( )
  Melumebelle | Aug 8, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0439395623, Mass Market Paperback)

Individuality vs. conformity. Identity vs. access. Freedom vs. control.

The bar code tattoo.

But what if you say no? What if you don't want to become a code? For Kayla, this one choice changes everything. She becomes an outcast in her high school. Dangerous things happen to her family. There's no option but to run . . . for her life.

Indivuality vs. conformity..
Identity vs. access.
Freedom vs. control.

The bar code tattoo.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:36 -0400)

In the near future, Kayla finds herself running for her life when she refuses to get the mandatory bar code tattoo on her seventeenth birthday--a decision that renders her a social outcast and places her family in grave danger. The bar code tattoo. Everybody's getting it. It will make your life easier, they say. It will hook you in. It will become your identity. But what if you say no? What if you don't want to become a code? For Kayla, this one choice changes everything. She becomes an outcast in her high school. Dangerous things happen to her family. There's no option but to run for her life. Individuality vs. conformity. Identity vs. access. Freedom vs. control. The bar code tattoo.… (more)

Suzanne Weyn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,290,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible