HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Virgin (Cat Star Chronicles)

by Cheryl Brooks

Zetithians have a feline gene that gives the males remarkable sexual prowess. Refugee Dax is no exception--but as a virgin, he has no idea how to use it. His fumbling attempts at romance fail to tempt the beautiful Ava, but he is determined to learn the art of love. Let the seduction begin.

I enjoyed this addition to the Cat Star series. I liked both the hero and the heroine. There were about 4 sex scenes and if you've read any of the rest of the series you know those are over the top weird raunchy and dripping wet. But the best part of this story is that it has a real solid sci fi plot. Even better was the world building. The three planets involved all were very vividly imagined and described. I especially loved the commercial planet where the air was filled with subliminal messages and pheremones intended to convince you that you needed whatever "they" were selling. You had to keep chanting "don't want it. don't need it" in order not to spend yourself destitute. A totally cool sci fi extrapolation of hard sell techniques. Secondary characters were a hoot but did not take over the story. Not great literature but good fun. True love, snard and sci fi. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
Much, much, much, (did I mention much?) cruder than what I normally read, both in language and story. The plot, if it could be called that, was really just a way for the author to set up the next sex scene. That being said, if you are not looking to use your brain and just want to give in to your inner voyeur then it's the book for you. For me, I'm glad I got it off the free shelf in my library... and that's where it's going back. ( )
  Half-elf28 | Jun 1, 2016 |
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,774,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible