Optical Delusions in Deadwood: Deadwood Mystery Series

by Ann Charles

Series: Deadwood Mystery (2)

Someone is spreading rumors around Deadwood that Violet Parker likes to chat with dead folks.With her reputation endangered, her bank account on the verge of extinction, and her career at risk of going up in flames, Violet is desperate. When the opportunity to sell another vintage home materializes, she grabs it, even though this "haunted" house was recently the stage for a two-act murder-suicide tragedy.Ghost or no ghost, Violet knows this can't be as bad as the last house of horrors she tried to sell, but sexy Doc Nyce has serious doubts. Her only hope of hanging on to her job is to prove that the so-called ghostly sightings are merely the eccentric owner's optical delusions.But someone-or something-in the house wants Violet stopped ... dead.… (more)

English (13)  Piratical (1)  All languages (14)
Not QUITE as good as the first, but certainly good enough to keep going with the series! ( )
  ker95tx | May 27, 2020 |
I loved the first book in the series and devoured it in one day. This was the second book in the series. I enjoyed reading this one too, but it wasn't quite as good as the first one.

I still liked all the characters, and the developing relationship between Violet and Doc. I still hate her slimy real estate coworker and don't understand how he can be so hateful.

This book takes up right after the end of the first one. This story takes place in a small town. Who knew there were so many murders in such a tiny town. That part seems a little unrealistic to me. I did like the supernatural elements and hope that they continue in the next one.

Overall, I enjoy these books, and am looking forward to the next book in the installment. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
While I received an ARC of this book, I have made an independent decision to post this review. I did not have an opportunity to read the first book in this series before reading this one, but that didn't keep me from enjoying this story of a real estate agent who is trying to sell a property that is haunted. It is an interesting story, but know that there are some explicit sex scenes included. ( )
  Cheryl_Nolan | Jan 16, 2019 |
Ann Charles makes it a little creepier, adds a little more romance and Harvey. The Black Hills are alive with a cast of characters that flavors the reading while the dialogue doesn't slip or falter, even when the next bizarre thing happens, to Violet. This cozy mystery that is a cozy-paranormal-mystery definitely has all the elements necessary to keep the pages turning. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jul 2, 2016 |
This is the second in the Deadwood series. Anne Charles is up to #5. The books stand alone as stories, but there’s an ongoing storyline or two that means you need to read them in order. In this one, Violet is still worried about her job, her kids, and her best friend.

The best friend has become obsessed with Dr. Nyce – Violet’s new undercover lover. Violet needs to find the right time to tell Natalie the truth. One of her twins wants her to marry Jeff, so she can have an instant sister. The other twin is the man in the family – and doesn’t want his mom to marry anyone.
If Violet can’t complete the sale of a house soon, she’ll lose her job.

And what the heck is going on with all the body parts appearing in town? ( )
  Perrywilson | Sep 15, 2014 |

Ann Charlesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kunkle, C.S.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,461,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible