Harry Potter Und Der Feuerkelch by J. K.…

Harry Potter Und Der Feuerkelch (original 2000; edition 2002)

by J. K. Rowling (Author)

Series: Harry Potter (4)

88,0038205 (4.36)13 / 959
Fourteen-year-old Harry Potter joins the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup, then enters his fourth year at Hogwarts Academy where he is mysteriously entered in an unusual contest that challenges his wizarding skills, friendships and character, amid signs that an old enemy is growing stronger.
Member:miriamel23
Title:Harry Potter Und Der Feuerkelch
Authors:J. K. Rowling (Author)
Info:Carlsen Verlag GmbH (2002), Ausgabe: German language, 766 Seiten

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling (2000)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (TeamJacob101)
    TeamJacob101: I Couldn't put it down!
    Northern Lights by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey (whitewavedarling)
    whitewavedarling: Santa Olivia is admittedly built for a more mature audience, but the themes, character types, and situations in the Harry Potter series and in Carey's work make me believe a reader who enjoys one will likely enjoy the other. Santa Olivia, though, is not a traditional fantasy, but more in the lines of speculative fiction, so that fantasy-only readers who enjoy Harry Potter for primarily the inclusion of magic may not enjoy Carey's work. I'm recommending it with this Harry Potter book in particular since, for me, this was the book when the series took a leap toward becoming more adult. Santa Olivia is also probably the beginning of a forthcoming series.… (more)
    Sasquatch Moon by R. Stone (Anonymous user)
    Dangerous Donkey (Adam Cranford Series) by Alaric Adair (markbiblos)
    markbiblos: A hero teenager doing crazy things under difficult conditions.
Elevenses (169)
Ghosts (113)

English (758)  Italian (8)  German (7)  French (6)  Dutch (6)  Spanish (5)  Finnish (4)  Swedish (3)  Danish (2)  Arabic (2)  Portuguese (2)  Lithuanian (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Catalan (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (808)
Harry's adventures at age 14.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 25, 2021 |
I will never forget the feeling I had as an 13 year-old when, at 2 o'clock in the morning, in a deathly quiet house, Voldemort rose out of the cauldron...

2nd Review

I really found myself admiring Rowling because she isn't afraid to show off her hero's bad side. After all, the Yule Ball doesn't really show Harry's good side.

However, I must be getting soft in my old age. I almost couldn't handle the tension, the evil-ness of Voldemort and wicked audacity of Barty Crouch Jr. I don't know that I'll be able to read it again. My husband will tell you that I spent more time than is normal for me, saying how terrified I was of the beginning, the middle, and the end. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
I have read the harry Potter books many MANY times and they just get better each time. I love the world that J.K. Rowling created and the people she wrote to populate it. It feels equal parts fantastical and believable. This series is an absolute must read regardless of your age or interest in the subject material. These books are true modern classics which will definitely stand the test of time. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Oh I didn't write about what I remember about this book before I started reading. Shame because when I was reading/listening so much memories came back!

Like the time I had an argument about which pet would be better. An owl or a phoenix. I wanted a phoenix (because duh!) but the other party reacted with the words: 'An owl is better because phoenix (phoenixes? Phoenixs?) aren't real'.

Also I really didn't get quidditch (zwerkbal). While other people went crazy with the games I was like: 'Can you get more nerdy?!' But Stephen Fry really brought the Quidditch World Cup to life! I had to stop with what I was doing and just listened.

This time around the fourth book was way better than in my memories. Although I'm a bit nostalgic because from now on Harry will be much more grown-up.

*squints eye* Also I think the movies warped my vision about the book more than I realise...
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
took me a long time to read this this year ( )
  beethovensfruit | Aug 21, 2021 |
Tras otro abominable verano con los Dursley, Harry se dispone a iniciar el cuarto curso en Hogwarts, la famosa escuela de magia y hechicería. A sus catorce años, a Harry le gustaría ser un joven mago como los demás y dedicarse a aprender nuevos sortilegios, encontrarse con sus amigos Ron y Hermione y asistir con ellos a los Mundiales de quidditch. Sin embargo, al llegar al colegio le espera una gran sorpresa que lo obligará a enfrentarse a los desafíos más temibles de toda su vida. Si logra superarlos, habrá demostrado que ya no es un niño y que está preparado para vivir las nuevas y emocionantes experiencias que el futuro le depara.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

in memory of Mr. Ridley
and to Susan Sladden,
who helped Harry
out of his cupboard.
The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
"Kill the spare"

In this book Harry conquers various tasks via the triwizard tournament, but is this tournament more than Harry can handle?
Headmaster cancelled

the school sports program so that

four kids could hunt eggs.

(CathWhitney)

5 11955

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,130,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible