Harry Potter e o Cálice De Fogo by J. K.…

Harry Potter e o Cálice De Fogo (original 2000; edition 2001)

by J. K. Rowling (Author)

81,2227456 (4.36)13 / 916
Fourteen-year-old Harry Potter joins the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup, then enters his fourth year at Hogwarts Academy where he is mysteriously entered in an unusual contest that challenges his wizarding skills, friendships and character, amid signs that an old enemy is growing stronger.
Member:YuriTACarvalho
Title:Harry Potter e o Cálice De Fogo
Authors:J. K. Rowling (Author)
Info:Rocco (2001), Edição: HARRY POTTER
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Tags:Literatura infanto-juvenil, Harry Potter, J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling (2000)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (TeamJacob101)
    TeamJacob101: I Couldn't put it down!
    Northern Lights by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey (whitewavedarling)
    whitewavedarling: Santa Olivia is admittedly built for a more mature audience, but the themes, character types, and situations in the Harry Potter series and in Carey's work make me believe a reader who enjoys one will likely enjoy the other. Santa Olivia, though, is not a traditional fantasy, but more in the lines of speculative fiction, so that fantasy-only readers who enjoy Harry Potter for primarily the inclusion of magic may not enjoy Carey's work. I'm recommending it with this Harry Potter book in particular since, for me, this was the book when the series took a leap toward becoming more adult. Santa Olivia is also probably the beginning of a forthcoming series.… (more)
    Sasquatch Moon by R. Stone (Anonymous user)
    Dangerous Donkey (Adam Cranford Series) by Alaric Adair (markbiblos)
    markbiblos: A hero teenager doing crazy things under difficult conditions.
Elevenses (161)
Orphans (10)
Ghosts (83)

English (698)  Italian (8)  German (7)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Spanish (4)  Finnish (4)  Swedish (3)  Danish (2)  Arabic (2)  Portuguese (2)  Lithuanian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All languages (745)
My nine-year-old chose this book for bedtime story, which is what prompted the reread. Mostly what I thought about while reading was how sad I was that I'm not better at Snape and Dumbledore voices, but that I really like doing Moody's voice.

I remembered this as being one of the strongest books, so I'm glad this is the one he chose to read aloud. It was also nice to read after having watched the movies a thousand time and getting to see that some of the oversimplifications of Beauxbaton and Durmstrang were not in the book.

Also, reading the big Quidditch match aloud was straight torture. ( )
1 vote greeniezona | Jan 16, 2020 |
The ending killed it for me. Drags on and on for no good reason. ( )
  feld | Dec 30, 2019 |
I stayed up real late finishing this book last night. The past two weeks I’d get excited about catching up on this book at nighttime. Harry, Rom, Hermoine, Mrs. Weasley, Professor Dumbledore, and others have become endearing to me. So well written. I also love the friendships depicted in these books as well. ( )
  Sparrowgirl | Dec 21, 2019 |
THIS IS FREAKING GOOD THO

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is without a doubt my favorite installment so far. The juxtaposition of the light, fun parts with the dark, absolutely soul-destroying parts (that made me want to die) was masterfully done, and I was left with dread for the future, but (since I already know how everything ends lol) I am also left with hope.

The characters really grew into much stronger, better people (and just in time too, because STUFF IS GOING DOWN). I loved the tournament and the other schools (though I was disappointed that Neville wasn't the one who gave Harry gillyweed like he does in the movie; that felt like a missed opportunity to actually include his character in anything at all, which he hasn't had the chance to do since the first book). Also, why didn't Viktor Krum ever get any kind of comeuppance for using the cruciatus curse on Cedric (and likely Fleur)? Like, that's pretty serious, but he just gets to say goodbye to Hermione and go on his way like ????? This better be explained in later books.
But yeah, I'm very happy with this book and liked it infinitely better than Prisoner of Azkaban.
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
READ IN DUTCH

The Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite book of the series, so it's obvious I didn't like this one as much as I did the third. In my opinion it took too long before Harry and his friends are actually going to school again. And I always liked the schoolparts of the stories. I liked the end of this book...
I thought you can really feel that Rowling is willing to make her books 'darker' and more sinister in comparison with the first books. ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
Tras otro abominable verano con los Dursley, Harry se dispone a iniciar el cuarto curso en Hogwarts, la famosa escuela de magia y hechicería. A sus catorce años, a Harry le gustaría ser un joven mago como los demás y dedicarse a aprender nuevos sortilegios, encontrarse con sus amigos Ron y Hermione y asistir con ellos a los Mundiales de quidditch. Sin embargo, al llegar al colegio le espera una gran sorpresa que lo obligará a enfrentarse a los desafíos más temibles de toda su vida. Si logra superarlos, habrá demostrado que ya no es un niño y que está preparado para vivir las nuevas y emocionantes experiencias que el futuro le depara.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

in memory of Mr. Ridley
and to Susan Sladden,
who helped Harry
out of his cupboard.
The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
"Kill the spare"

In this book Harry conquers various tasks via the triwizard tournament, but is this tournament more than Harry can handle?
Headmaster cancelled

the school sports program so that

four kids could hunt eggs.

(CathWhitney)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,721,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible