Harry Potter y el cáliz de fuego by…

Harry Potter y el cáliz de fuego (original 2000; edition 2001)

by J. K. Rowling, Adolfo Munoz Garcia, Nieves Martin Azofra

Series: Harry Potter (4)

93,6808465 (4.36)13 / 989
Fourteen-year-old Harry Potter joins the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup, then enters his fourth year at Hogwarts Academy where he is mysteriously entered in an unusual contest that challenges his wizarding skills, friendships and character, amid signs that an old enemy is growing stronger.
Member:Dark_Angel_9
Title:Harry Potter y el cáliz de fuego
Authors:J. K. Rowling
Other authors:Adolfo Munoz Garcia, Nieves Martin Azofra
Info:Lectorum Publications (2001), Hardcover, 635 pages

Work Information

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling (2000)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (TeamJacob101)
    TeamJacob101: I Couldn't put it down!
    The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey (whitewavedarling)
    whitewavedarling: Santa Olivia is admittedly built for a more mature audience, but the themes, character types, and situations in the Harry Potter series and in Carey's work make me believe a reader who enjoys one will likely enjoy the other. Santa Olivia, though, is not a traditional fantasy, but more in the lines of speculative fiction, so that fantasy-only readers who enjoy Harry Potter for primarily the inclusion of magic may not enjoy Carey's work. I'm recommending it with this Harry Potter book in particular since, for me, this was the book when the series took a leap toward becoming more adult. Santa Olivia is also probably the beginning of a forthcoming series.… (more)
    Sasquatch Moon by R. Stone (Anonymous user)
    Dangerous Donkey (Adam Cranford Series) by Alaric Adair (markbiblos)
    markbiblos: A hero teenager doing crazy things under difficult conditions.
Elevenses (172)
Ghosts (268)

English (785)  Italian (8)  German (7)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Spanish (5)  Finnish (4)  Swedish (3)  Danish (2)  Arabic (2)  Portuguese (2)  Catalan (2)  Lithuanian (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  Greek (1)  Hungarian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (838)
The Goblet of Fire is where the series takes a serious jump in word count. Approximately doubling in length from the Prisoner of Azkaban, the Goblet of Fire takes the reader on Harry's most action-packed year yet, as he finds himself suddenly in the Tri-Wizard Championship. The novel is a major turning point for the rest of the series, and is certainly an exciting read, where it truly transitions from "Children's" to "Young Adult", as the themes start to better reflect the aging characters - romance, jealousy, rebelliousness and government corruption. ( )
  WaldensLibrary | Nov 28, 2022 |
Even though this book is meant for kids, it’s incredibly dark and upsetting, especially at the end. It’s well written, but it’s the place the series takes a right turn into darkness. ( )
  Anniik | Nov 26, 2022 |
I just finished reading this with my 9-year-old son (2nd or 3rd time for me, 1st for him). I already love this whole series, but I'm enjoying the chance to see it through his eyes as well. It's an easy opportunity to talk about lots of "big themes" - good and evil, friendship, love, hatred, how you treat your fellow man/giant/witch, trust and lack thereof, and many others. If there's one thing that occasionally keeps me up at night, it's how to gently ease my son into the knowledge that the world has horrid people in it, that not everyone will want him to be happy and safe, that hatred and intolerance run rampant. Reading about these ideas in a story that is so obviously fictional is a way to have them introduced softly, and I've appreciated that he's been able to discuss them with curiosity rather than fear. ( )
  PlatinumWarlock | Nov 20, 2022 |
I thoroughly enjoyed "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", although not as much as the previous books of the series. There were several reasons for this.
First, the story revolves around the triwizard tournament so much, and a lot of the plot has just to do with school and teenage worries, and that simply is not my cup of tea, at least when it is told excessively as it is here. For long parts, it felt like any high school novel, and I am not interested in reading about that (probably because it is pretty much part of my everyday fare as a teacher, depending on which classes I teach in a given year).
Second, in this book there is a lot of conflict between the members of the golden trio, and while I understand that this is all a part of growing up, I simply did not enjoy reading about it and found it to be frustrating. I also felt that because of this, other emotions were lacking that I enjoyed reading about in the previous books.
Third, there is the body shaming that has been in all of the books, but in this one it is even more prominent and disturbing. I also honestly do not like stupid people being compared to pigs because pigs are highly intelligent animals and I also think that they are very cute.
Apart from these aspects that I did not enjoy, it was a good read, which makes me still rate it four stars - Hogwarts is still a place to come home to, it is a feel good novel providing cosy vibes and there are some interesting new characters, too. The story darkens considerably now as the threats grow more serious.
I read this within two days although it has more than 600 pages - the pages just flew! ( )
  MissBrangwen | Oct 30, 2022 |
This was my favorite Harry Potter book. It was also my favorite movie. I'm not sure what made this one so special; I think the whole game for the Goblet, our first introduction to Voldemort, Harry going through puberty....anyway, it's the best in the series. ( )
  Courtney_Duran | Oct 12, 2022 |
Tras otro abominable verano con los Dursley, Harry se dispone a iniciar el cuarto curso en Hogwarts, la famosa escuela de magia y hechicería. A sus catorce años, a Harry le gustaría ser un joven mago como los demás y dedicarse a aprender nuevos sortilegios, encontrarse con sus amigos Ron y Hermione y asistir con ellos a los Mundiales de quidditch. Sin embargo, al llegar al colegio le espera una gran sorpresa que lo obligará a enfrentarse a los desafíos más temibles de toda su vida. Si logra superarlos, habrá demostrado que ya no es un niño y que está preparado para vivir las nuevas y emocionantes experiencias que el futuro le depara.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

in memory of Mr. Ridley
and to Susan Sladden,
who helped Harry
out of his cupboard.
The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
"Kill the spare"

Harry Potter is midway through his training as a wizard and his coming of age. Harry wants to get away from the pernicious Dursleys and go to the International Quidditch Cup with Hermione, Ron, and the Weasleys. He wants to dream about Cho Chang, his crush (and maybe do more than dream). He wants to find out about the mysterious event that's supposed to take place at Hogwarts this year, an event involving two other rival schools of magic, and a competition that hasn't happened for hundreds of years. He wants to be a normal, fourteen-year-old wizard. But unfortunately for Harry Potter, he's not normal - even by wizarding standards.

And in his case, different can be deadly.
Headmaster cancelled

the school sports program so that

four kids could hunt eggs.

(CathWhitney)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,279,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible