Bakuman. 5: Bunshuu to Shashinshuu

by Tsugumi Ohba

Series: Bakuman. (5)

Big changes are in store now that Moritaka and Akito have their own series in Shonen Jump. Hanging out with their favorite manga creators, hiring assistants, keeping track of the weekly reader surveys -- life as a professional manga artist is tough! Can these two survive the pressure?

The more this series focuses on Mashiro and Takago creating their manga and behind-the-scenes type stuff the more enjoyable it is. It's gripping enough without the strange Mashiro/Azuki romance angle! I miss Hattori as their editor, though. ( )
  torygy | Mar 31, 2022 |
Obviously, I'm enjoying this series (I am reading the fifth volume, after all). I particularly enjoyed the professional growth of the new editor, as the friends-but-rivals relationship of the novice manga artists. On the downside, I feel like it's getting a bit too melodramatic at times and losing some of the realism I enjoyed. (NOTE: I found this improved again in subsequent volumes) ( )
  Shimmin | Feb 5, 2013 |
LIDO!
  ericoassis | Sep 16, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 172,044,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible