The Dragon's Tooth

by N. D. Wilson

Series: Ashtown Burials (1)

When their parents' seedy old motel burns down on the same night they are visited by a strange man covered in skeleton tattoos, Cyrus, Antigone, and their brother Daniel are introduced to an ancient secret society, and discover that they have an important role in keeping it alive.

This had a ridiculously slow start and just didn't feel very original or interesting to me on the whole. I guess it's hard to compete with Harry Potter. My son is interested in reading book two, but I've told him he'll have to read it to himself (this has been our family read). ( )
  dllh | Jan 6, 2021 |
I am just not connecting with the main protagonist - I tried to persevere but he keeps setting my teeth on edge. Dropping out after about 2 chapters
probably wont read more from author ( )
  jason9292 | Sep 17, 2016 |
Rather slow going for much of the book. And the writing at times a bit confusing. The pace and quality pick up toward the end. The story itself is intriguing. We will continue with the next one. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
Book 1 in the 'Ashtown Burial' series, and as such, took about half of the book to set down the back story. It picked up after that, and in part can be compared to 'The Goonies', 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' (though in less of a 'sweet' manner) and 'Ghostbusters'. Please note that this reader intends all these comparisons as compliments to the story. ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

Please declare aloud: I hereby undertake to tread the world, to garden the wild, and to saddle the seas, as did my brother Brendan. I will not turn away from shades in fear, nor avert my eyes from light. I shall do as my Keeper requires, and keep no secret from a Sage. May the stars guide me and my strength preserve me. And I will not smoke in the library. Translation approved, 1946.
For James Kenneth Thomas III,
without whom, not a chance
North of Mexico, south of Canada, and not too far west of the freshwater sea called Lake Michigan, in a place where cows polka-dot hills and men are serious about cheese, there is a lady on a pole.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,992,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible