Cemetery Girl by David Bell

Cemetery Girl (edition 2011)

by David Bell (Author)

"Tom and Abby Stuart had everything: a perfect marriage, successful careers, and a beautiful twelve-year-old daughter, Caitlin. Then one day Caitlin vanished without a trace. For a while they grasped at every false hope and followed every empty lead, but the tragedy ended up changing their lives, overwhelming them with guilt and dread, and shattering their marriage. Four years later, Caitlin is found alive--dirty and disheveled yet preternaturally calm. She won't discuss where she was or what happened. Then the police arrest a suspect connected to the disappearance, but Caitlin refuses to testify, leaving the Stuarts with a choice: Let the man who may be responsible for destroying their lives walk away, or take matters into their own hands. And when Tom decides to try to uncover the truth for himself, he finds that nothing that has happened yet can prepare him for what he is about to discover"--… (more)
Member:JasmineCedeno
Title:Cemetery Girl
Authors:David Bell (Author)
Info:Berkley (2011), Edition: Original, 400 pages

Work Information

Cemetery Girl by David Bell

English (35)  Italian (1)  All languages (36)
Not my favorite book. Honestly, I was dying to finish just so I could move on. I was waiting for climax and intrigue, and left with nothing but slow-moving dialogue and unlikable characters. ( )
  Chinesa72 | Jul 28, 2021 |
David Bell writes thrillers that I fly through. I would have given this 4 stars except for the fact that I could not get past the father’s, Tom’s, behavior throughout the book. Yes, he was angry, and wanted to understand, but I didn’t feel that his actions were what someone would do. I also didn’t care for the mother, Abby. She was likely cheating on her husband with the pastor of her evangelical church. Perhaps that was Bell’s dig at these churches?
Caitlin is clearly a victim, and not dealing with it well. She also showed issues of her detachment early on. Additionally, would John really tell all like he did? Some of the story was too coincidental finding all the pieces and fitting them together. Interesting story, it kept my interest, but it could have been better. ( )
  rmarcin | Jul 11, 2021 |
Tom and Abby’s daughter, Caitlyn has disappeared. They are still holding out hope of finding her four years later. Caitlyn is returned to them at the age of 16. Tom is bent on finding the guy who took her and punishing him. Caitlyn says she is in love with her kidnapper. Tom finds the kidnapper and negotiates returning Caitlyn to him in return for finding out what happened to Caitlyn. ( )
  dara85 | Feb 22, 2021 |
What a load of dross. For an author with so many English qualifications he knows very little about grammar, in particular the present and past tense of lie.

The only reason I persevered was to learn the outcome of this promise on the back cover: "When Tom decides to try to uncover the truth for himself, nothing can preapre him for what he discovers..."

In reality, nothing interesting was discovered at the end further to what we learnt at the beginning of Part 2.

My greatest regret was spending $3 to borrow this from the library.

This author seems to be quite prolific; this is the second of his books that I have read and I'm now removing him from my To Read list as it's clear this his writing is formulaic, basic and predictable. ( )
  joweirqt | Jan 15, 2021 |
This was a book about a missing 12 year old girl. A parents worst nightmare. The girl goes missing while walking her dog w/o a trace. The dog comes home but the girl doesn't until 4 years later. The story takes many twists and turns keeping the reader completely off balanced.

This was well written and I will definitely read more books offered by David Bell. If you like 'who dun its' then you will like this one. ( )
  PamV | Mar 27, 2018 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

In memory of my dad, Herbert Henry Bell (1932-2011)
Let me tell you something about my daughter.

Every truth has its price.

Tom and Abby Stuart had everything — a perfect marriage, successful careers, and a beautiful twelve-year-old daughter, Caitlin. Then one day Caitlin vanished without a trace. For a while they grasped at every false hope and followed every empty lead, but the tragedy ended up changing their lives, overwhelming them with guilt and dread, and shattering their marriage.

Four years later, Caitlin is found alive — dirty and disheveled yet preternaturally calm. She won't discuss where she was or what happened. Then the police arrest a suspect connected to her disappearance, but Caitlin refuses to testify, leaving the Stuarts with a choice — let the man who may be responsible for destroying their lives walk away, or take matters into their own hands. And when Tom decides to try to uncover the truth for himself, he finds that nothing that has happened yet can prepare him for what he is about to discover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,419,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible