The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo: A Parody…

The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo: A Parody (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Lars Arffssen (Author)

Member:melydia
Title:The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo: A Parody
Authors:Lars Arffssen (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Edition: First Edition, 208 pages
Collections:Read and Released
Tags:parody, humor

The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo: A Parody by Lars Arffssen (2011)

Start with every Scandinavian stereotype you can think of, blow them all out of proportion, mix them up, and throw in a few new ones just for spice, and layer them generously around the vague outline of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy. Here, we have reindeer stranglings and diabolical modular furniture companies and a whole heck of a lot of coffee and overly detailed high tech electronics. Funny, absolutely ridiculous, and a very quick read. In short, a great parody. ( )
  melydia | Jan 12, 2018 |
This is the funniest and most on target humor I've read for a looong time...I could not put down the book and I could not stop LOL...The author's take on political correctness ( notably sex and gender related) is divine. As is the (a bit repetitive but hey, it IS an issue up there) use of weather conditions, i.e. -45 C and a brisk 60 km/h wind... For people with some knowledge of Swedish culture and life, and obviously the Millenium trilogy, this book will be a delight to read.
  pombo | Jan 24, 2012 |
Nailed it!
  hairball | Sep 14, 2011 |
I was so excited for this book when I read a short blurb about it in the New York Times. The book doesn't come out until September of this year, but apparently the advance copies are out and making their rounds. I found mine in a used bookshop. There were a few typos in my edition, but for the most part it seems to be a complete work. (I hope I'm not getting the marketing team in trouble by reviewing this now!)

The book is fun and a quick read. I really enjoyed the Millennium Trilogy (the books that this book blatantly parodies). I'm not sure that this book would appeal if you weren't familiar with the characters/plots from those books as well as Stieg Larsson's writing style. The plot is hilarious (reindeer murders! unpublished author decapitations! Ikea!) but there really isn't much of substance here, at least relative to the original novels or the standards for mystery novels in general. ( )
  23points | Jun 16, 2011 |

A reindeer strangler has struck again; the world’s leading authority on Baltic sturgeon has been filleted, and the head of Sweden’s only unpublished thriller writer has been discovered some meters from his body.

Just a typical day in Stockholm’s crime log? Or are the murders the works of a single killer? Chief Inspector Svenjamin Bubbles has a suspect: Lizzy Salamander, Scandinavia’s most heavily tattooed girl-sociopath and hacker extraordinaire.

Mikael Blomberg believes Salamander has been framed. But if Salamander is innocent, who is the 4'10" girl ninja captured on a surveillance camera decapitating the failed novelist? And what has become of the unpublished manuscript that claimed to connect Sweden’s most eco-friendly corporations to the twentieth century’s greatest tyrant?

A shocking story of corruption and perversion that reaches to the highest echelons of the world’s largest producer of inexpensive ready-to-assemble wooden bookcases, The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo delivers a hilarious—and gripping—parody of the best-selling novels by Stieg Larsson.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:14 -0400)

"Arguably the funniest novel to emerge from Northern Europe since the Black Death. A reindeer strangler has struck again; the world's leading authority on Baltic sturgeon has been filleted, and the head of Sweden's only unpublished thriller writer has been discovered some meters from his body. Just a typical day in Stockholm's crime log? Or are the murders the works of a single killer? Chief Inspector Svenjamin Bubbles has a suspect: Lizzy Salamander, Scandinavia's most heavily tattooed girl-sociopath and hacker extraordinaire. Mikael Blomberg believes Salamander has been framed. But if Salamander is innocent, who is the 4'10" girl ninja captured on a surveillance camera decapitating the failed novelist? And what has become of the unpublished manuscript that claimed to connect Sweden's most eco-friendly corporations to the twentieth century's greatest tyrant? A shocking story of corruption and perversion that reaches to the highest echelons of the world's largest producer of inexpensive ready-to-assemble wooden bookcases, The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo delivers a hilarious - and gripping - parody of the best-selling novels by Stieg Larsson." -- Cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,800,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible