I Want My Hat Back (2011)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

English (257)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (259)
PREK
  kmgerbig | Dec 29, 2022 |
This is a great book for beginning readers. A bear is on a mission to find his missing hat and realizes he passed by it and goes back to get his hat, which ends with a stand off and victory for the bear. Each page has the repeating question of "Have you seen my hat" and each new character has a different response but the bear repeats the same "OK. Thank you anyway" to each. In the end, the Bear implies he ate the rabbit who had his hat and the diction of his lies are eerily similar to the diction of the rabbit when he lied about the hat.
  sjgouwerok | Jul 27, 2022 |
I love Klassen's art and his sense of humor; however, this one didn't make me laugh as much as I've come to expect from him. Perhaps had I not read This Is Not My Hat first, I might have enjoyed this more, but that really was peak animal and hat humor. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jun 7, 2022 |
Warning: It is heavily implied that the main character eats another character. ( )
  suzannekmoses | May 21, 2022 |
This book is about a bear who lost his Hat and asked his peers if they had seen his hat. Most of the other animals are unhelpful. I do not really understand what the theme of the book was, but I thought the book was entertaining. The illustrations were cute and assisted the quality of the book, because the storyline was a little weak. I think that little children in preschool and kindergarten would find this book funny because of the simplistic silly story. ( )
  MicahVonBehren | Jan 26, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

My Hat (1)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 185,228,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible