Seduction of a Highland Lass (The…

Seduction of a Highland Lass (The Highlanders) (edition 2011)

by Maya Banks (Author)

Series: The McCabe Trilogy (2)

When he is attacked while on his way to claim the hand of a neighboring chieftain's daughter, Alaric McCabe is rescued by Keeley McDonald, an outcast from her own clan, and when they fall in love, he faces a difficult choice.
Member:MiriamPatino
Title:Seduction of a Highland Lass (The Highlanders)
Authors:Maya Banks (Author)
Info:Ballantine Books (2011), Edition: Original, 352 pages

Work Information

Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks

Much less flawed than the first book of the series, IMO, but still not particularly outstanding. I feel encouraged about this author though. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
upon re-read I'd give it a 4 instead of a 5 - it's a great series, great character development, great love interests - stress of the old times and speech have gone to my head this time - but alas, I loved Keeley so much, and adored her sass ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |
Banks is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. These characters are captivating and interesting, the story moving and compelling. I particularly loved the conflict between love and duty and the fact that no one shied away from the harder, more painful roads. There is still a nagging question at the end of the novel, but since the third one probably starts where this one left off, I suspect that question will be answered early on. I like that the women in these novels are strong women, who do not meekly follow where they are told to go. Even the gentlest of the woman, Christina, has some spice and fire in her personality. Also of note, the sex scenes between the OTP were incredibly hot. Enjoy those! ( )
  ladypembroke | May 17, 2019 |
Alaric knows that he has a duty and honor to his clan and in order to futhur their protection he must marry Rionna McDonald and become their laird and secure their future. On his way to the McDonald land, he and his men are attacked and he barely manages to escape and is later found gravely injured by Keeley McDonald who has been kicked out of her clan and lives in a small cottage on the outskirts. When Keely finds an injured stranger she endeavors to save his life, a stirring passion builds between them. However with Alaric's impending marriage and his duty to his clan and despite the love he feels for Keeley he knows he has an obligation to his family no matter the cost but sometimes love gets in the way of duty and honor.Seduction Of A Highland Lass is the first book that I have read by this author and I just was overwhelmed with this love story and how well written the story was, and I couldn't help but fall madly in love with the characters, so vividly portrayed in this book I couldn't put it down....it drew me so strongly in the story I couldn't put it down until I had finished with the very last page....Even though its the second installment in the series I found I didn't get too lost or anything with the plot and even though I really want to read the first one now....I am still thrilled that I found this one. Its been a while since I have read a book that totally captivated me and drew me so intensely into a romance that I felt like I was actually there.I really enjoyed the conflict that is presented in the story line, it definitely will bring a tear to your eyes and is very emotionally wrenching, and in some books it needs to be well presented and this one definitely was. I have no problem with this book....it was full of sensual love scenes, vividly painted characters, and a love story that will just bring out every tender emotion the reader possesses ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
Great beginning and great ending. The middle could've used a little more substance and a little less boinking. A good read overall. ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,139,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible