Naruto, Volume 56: Team Asuma, Reunited

by Masashi Kishimoto

Series: Naruto (56)

Naruto and the Allied Shinobi Forces battle Kabuto's hordes of reanimated ninja soldiers. In the process, they come face-to-face with old friends brought back from the dead...plus enemies and weapons more fearsome than any they could have imagined!

Seeing the old villains who were given dedicated episodes seems to be a drag.
Liked the Hanzou's angle . Funny, how everyone started with the pursuit of peace.
Aptly said , peace is the biggest cause behind war.

The reason this book is getting a 5 star is for the Asuma and Ino-chuzi-shiki battle.
Beautiful how the strong shinobis in living are still master of their own mind.
Beautiful to see the battle. Though villains , yet allies.
I feel Kabuto is failing big time. Kabuto just delivered a dud . Wonder what was Madaara's plan as the entire battle is being carried on by Kabuto and his resurrection.
Was Madaara planning the great ninja war with only white zetsus?
Loved the way they are showing the feudal lord and their indifference .

Loved the Ginkanu-Kinkanu angle also. Always a big sucker for shiki's style. ( )
  __echo__ | May 11, 2021 |
A decent volume of Naruto, punctuated by some awesome yet plot-meaningless fights and the return of a very special character that will have long-term fans having -all the feels- all over again.

You can read my full review over at my anime/manga blog: http://nagareboshi-reviews.blogspot.com/ ( )
  sarahlh | Mar 6, 2021 |
One of my least favorite volumes, ranking somewhere with Sasuke's flight battles. I get tired sometimes of endless battles with people I haven't grown up with and enjoyed over lots of growth and experience. These just show up, have their big reveals, and then fade away... and I'm like... so what?

On the other hand, when Chouji shows up, I perk up again. Enough with the backstory... now I want some advanced battle techniques... you fatass. :) ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,021,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible