Assassin's Code by Jonathan Maberry

Assassin's Code

by Jonathan Maberry

This was the first book where I honestly was concerned about Joe. Silly me. Though it is not my favorite in the series, some of the storylines it brings into the mix are heartbreaking and stunning at the same time. Great read. ( )
  TeachesNTennies | Oct 30, 2015 |
Joe Ledger and the DMS Echo team never catch a break. They no sooner shut down the Seven Kings' plans for a global plague, when they discover that seven nuclear devices have been scattered around the globe by... vampires? Nothing is ever easy, and no one is ever safe. ( )
  JoshuaAtkins | Aug 10, 2015 |
Ok...When is the next adventure??
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
Ok...When is the next adventure??
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
For those who are reading Maberry's Joe Ledger series, this book is going to knock you on your ass plot wise. It continues to follow the arc of fighting unknown evils in a world where we are kept blissfully unaware of the horrorshow behind the scenes. Ledger and the DMS have already conquored biological warfare, genetic engineering, nazis offspring, secret societies, varying global destruction plots, and the trust of bottled water.. How is a guy supposed to top that? Maberry has no trouble doing so. He pulls from his world an ancient pact in the middle east, rival factions and an absolutely f*cked up history for some potential Department of Military Sciences allies, some long awaited glimpses into Church (the man and the org) backstory, and a whole lot more.

The difficulty here is a this is book four in a series. Book five is already on shelves, the sixth book is coming out April 2014 (this month) and a collection of digital shorts in the same universe is also ready to stock in bookstores. What this means is that pretty much everything that I say will be a spoiler. I must be delicately aware of my wording so I do not give plot elements away. My delicate resolve will be just to avoid the plot completely.

I would like to point out that Joe ledger became quite the mouth dude this book. His sarcasm was always pretty intense in previous books. When he would normally be very careful in wording, he seemed to be overtly antagonistic and unable to concentrate on the finer points of common conversations. Though this did not make for a bad book, it did add a a level of tedium to the novel that is normally absent.

Xposted from RawBlurb
http://www.rawblurb.com/2014/04/review-assassin-code-jonathan-maberry.html ( )
  JasonBrownPDX | Jan 3, 2015 |

"When Joe Ledger and Echo Team rescue a group of American college kids held hostage in Iran,the Iranian government then asks them to help find six nuclear bombs planted in the Mideast oil fields. These stolen WMDs will lead Joe and Echo Team into hidden vaults of forbidden knowledge, mass-murder, betrayal, and a brotherhood of genetically-engineered killers with a thirst for blood. Accompanied by the beautiful assassin called Violin, Joe follows a series of clues to find the Book of Shadows, which contains a horrifying truth that threatens to shatter his entire worldview. They say the truth will set you free... Not this time. The secrets of the Assassin's Code will set the world ablaze"--… (more)

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

45 wanted1 pay1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Assassin's Code by Jonathan Maberry was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,853,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible