The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans,…

The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1) (edition 2011)

by Bella Andre

Having been physically abused in a past relationship, Chloe Peterson has sworn off men, but then renowned photographer Chase Sullivan helps her get her car out of a ditch--and that chip off her shoulder.
Member:Kellylynn22
Title:The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1)
Authors:Bella Andre
Info:Bella Andre, Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Rating:*****

The Look of Love by Bella Andre

Never again.

I am just tempted to just repeat those words over and over in this review but I decided to explain myself. This is probably one of the most awful books I have read in some time. I am all for red hot romances and sex scenes, but if that is all your supposed contemporary romance has to offer I am going to get bored real quick and make sure that I don't go and read any of your books in the future. If it was not for the Kindle Unlimited I would never have read this author since I have become leery about purchasing many of the books that are in the $1.99 range. It doesn't mean you don't come across gems, but most times you are going to end up with a poorly put together book like this one.

Ms. Andre has created a series based on the Sullivan family. Apparently the Sullivans' have super awesome genes since not only are the eight brothers and sisters exceeding everything in their lives they are also the most handsome people in the world.

The first novel focuses on Chase Sullivan who is a world renowned photographer (seriously though how come none of these people are ever just average or crappy at their jobs in these books). Chase is hot (of course) and at the Sullivan matriarch's birthday party we are treated to an info dump on the back-story of the Sullivans which is always fun to read (no, it never is).

Chase leaving the party comes across a damsel in distress and feels instant attraction to her though she is not a typical beautiful woman. The woman, Chloe, who though just ended a brutal and abusive relationship also feels instant attraction to Chase. So much so that a few pages later we are treated to her pleasuring herself thinking about Chase. Seriously, like maybe 2 hours have passed and Chloe is so "het" up about Chase off she goes thinking about him having her every way possible (insert my own eyeroll). Also the fact that Chloe just got out of a relationship like the one she was in and acted as she did with Chase drove me nuts. That could have been a decent plot that Ms. Andre could have worked with. Instead of two people just running around talking about how hot the other one made them throughout the entire book actually have Chloe be cautious about starting anything new or being afraid of Chase anytime they have an argument. It could have been something that elevated the book from substandard to something better.

That said the entire plot consists of this. Chloe and Chase having lots of sex with Sullivans' running around here and there. So if you want to read some badly written sex scenes then I think this book is for you. Also I would like to say that I never want to read the word "wet" or "wetness" again in my life. Or at least for a few more weeks while I recover from this book.

To sum,I would recommend skipping this and reading someone else. ( )
  ObsidianBlue | Jul 1, 2020 |
Same as most of the other romances -- damsel in distress, knight in shining armor, quick to fall in love and live happily ever after. ( )
  amandanan | Jun 6, 2020 |
3.5 stars.

...The Look of Love is an enjoyable read that is fast paced and engaging with deliciously steamy sex scenes. Bella Andre beautifully develops the characters and her intriguing glimpses of Marcus leave me eagerly awaiting From This Moment On, the next novel in The Sullivans series. Please click HERE to read my review in its entirety. ( )
  kbranfield | Feb 3, 2020 |
Saving her after her car goes off the road, Chase falls hard for a woman who has obviously been abused. I felt the intimacy moved way to fast for Chloe's background story, I wanted more. Several interesting characters ( )
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

Andre, Bellaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kaminsky, AvaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weiting, Christine L.Übersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Chase Sullivan was seven years old when he picked up his father's Polaroid camera for the first time and started taking pictures.

Meet the Sullivans in this fun new contemporary romance series!

When Chase Sullivan finds Chloe and her totaled car in Napa Valley, she's so lovely, inside and out, he wants to love - and protect - her. Only, she has vowed never to trust a man again, despite his loving looks and sinfully sweet caresses. But is he the only exception?

"An emotionally compelling, thoroughly sexy, lovely read. I can't wait for more brothers!" Carly Phillips, NY Times Bestselling Author

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Bella Andre's book The Look of Love was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Bella Andre is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,130,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible