The Seeress of Kell: Book 5 of the Malloreon…

The Seeress of Kell: Book 5 of the Malloreon (original 1991; edition 1991)

by David Eddings (Author)

Garion and his companions must locate his son before Zandramas uses the child in a rite that will raise the Dark Prophesy.
Member:Rick_Shafer
Title:The Seeress of Kell: Book 5 of the Malloreon
Authors:David Eddings (Author)
Info:Del Rey (1991), Edition: 1st, 399 pages

The Seeress of Kell by David Eddings (1991)

The Dragon Knight by Gordon R. Dickson (Sandwich76)
    Sandwich76: I'd just skip the first book in the series and read a synopsis online somewhere. Start at this one, it's much better.

English (21)  French (2)  Finnish (1)  All languages (24)
Sticks the landing in the most fan-service-y way possible but I'm not mad at it. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
"It has come at last," Garion's inner companion said unemotionally through the Child of Light's* lips. "It is the instant of the Choice. Choose, Cyradis, lest all be destroyed."

"It has come," another equally unemotional voice spoke through the lips of the Child of Dark*. "It is the instant of the Choice. Choose, Cyradis, lest all be destroyed."

The Seeress of Kell is the fifth and final book in The Malloreon by David Eddings. And quite an end it is! The quest draws to a close as the final riddles are solved so the meeting of Light and Dark can happen to decide the fate of the world. Zandramas strives until the bitter end to thwart her opponent. Garion must stay resolute to prevent the world from sliding into darkness even if it means he must kill his own son.

It is a great ending to the series. All story threads are wrapped up, including a couple items from book one that had been left dangling. I've been with these characters for so long now that they feel like old friends and it is the character dynamics that has been the most enjoyable part of my reread. Sometimes it's hard for an author to keep track of all the characters when a series focuses on a fairly large group and I'd say Eddings is successful at giving everyone their own voice. The ending does have its bittersweet moment though. I'm quite glad to have made the journey again and am a little sad for it to be over.

*Quote changed slightly to prevent spoilers. ( )
  Narilka | Jan 17, 2018 |
The quest is in its final stages, Garion and his companions have reached Kell and the full set of the Mallorean Gospels that would advise them as to where the final confrontation was to take place and other mysteries be unveiled.

This one of the better books in the series, and not just because it's the last one in the series :-). By this point, the Eddings have been at this world for nearly a decade and they have a great deal invested in the characters so really does feel as if we are saying goodbye to members of the family ( )
  JohnFair | Jan 15, 2017 |
“mallorean” ends ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
How sad. My series is over (again). This book wraps up all the unfinished business from the series. The quest is over and everyone goes home. Eddings, of course, has fun with the characters and makes their happily ever after a little uncomfortable for them, but that's part of the fun of this series. My favorite wrap-up happened to Beldin. I was rooting for him (even though it was a re-read and I knew what would happen). I shall miss all of my friends"." ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |

Herder, EdwinCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shapiro,ShellyMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Taylor, GeoffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Para Lester,
Hemos trabajado juntos durante una década. Después de todo este tiempo, la única expectativa razonable habria sido envejecer diez años, pero por lo visto hemos hecho algo más. Creo que entre los dos hemos dado vida a un buen chico. Espero que te hayas divertido tanto como yo, y considero que ambos podemos estar orgullosos de no habernos matado en el curso de esta empresa, aunque estoy convencido de que el mérito no puede atribuirse a nuestras vitudes personales, sino a la paciencia infinita de un par de damas muy especiales.
Con todo mi afecto.
Dave Eddings
For Lester, We've been at this for a decade now. About all either of us could have reasonable expected was to come out of it ten year older, but it appears that we did just a bit more. Between us, I think we raised a fairly good boy. I hope it was as much fun for you as it was for me, and I think we can both take a certain pride in the fact that we didn't kill each other in the process, a tribute more to the inhuman patience of a pair of special ladies than to any particular virtue of ours, I expect. All my best, Dave Eddings.
Extractos del Libro de las Eras, volumen primero de Los textos sagrados malloreanos.
Estas son las eras del hombre: en la primera fue creado el hombre, que despertó maravillado y asombrado del mundo que lo rodeaba.
Excerpts from The Book of Ages, Book One of the Mallorean Gospels: Now These Are the Ages of Man: In the First Age was man created, and he awoke in puzzlement and wonder as he beheld the world about him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,284,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible