dismiss

CLARK HOWARDS LIVING LARGE IN LEAN TIMES by…

CLARK HOWARDS LIVING LARGE IN LEAN TIMES by HOWARD, CLARK ( Author ) ON… (edition 2011)

by Clark Howard (Author)

Presents a multitude of strategies for saving money instead of spending so much of it.
Member:AnnieB008828
Title:CLARK HOWARDS LIVING LARGE IN LEAN TIMES by HOWARD, CLARK ( Author ) ON Feb-08-2011, Paperback
Authors:Clark Howard (Author)
Info:OVERSEAS EDITIONS NEW (2011)

Clark Howard's Living Large in Lean Times: 250 Ways to Buy Smarter, Spend Smarter, and Save Money by Clark Howard

So many tips - funding college, how to start saving, travel tips, warranties, printers, cell phones.... On and on. ( )
  jnetnoe | May 8, 2018 |
I was greatly disappointed by this audio book. Like many of my reviews of audio books, this is definitely one that makes a lot more sense as a book. There are a lot of references to particular websites that are just not convenient to write down while you are driving, nor memorable enough to not need to write down. Also I always prefer audio books read by the author regardless, but this is even worse than regular as Clark Howard has a famous radio voice. Perhaps it's a licensing agreement with his broadcaster?

When I first go serious about fixing personal finances I thought Clark Howard was so much more reasonable than Dave Ramsey. After taking FPU I've been attempting to follow Dave's advice relatively successfully. Getting this audio book reminded me why I was so unsuccessful trying to follow Clark before. Like using every credit card you have at least once every 6 months, and never closing a credit account. The advice may work for some, but for me I cannot resist the temptation. If you want an audio book on Personal Finance I recommend some of Ramsey's stuff, if you want the kind of specific recommendations this has, you'll probably get at least as good of results by just going to ClarkHoward.com that is kept up to date. But if you really want a hard copy reference of a bunch of web links, than it may be useful to get a hard copy of this and keep it. ( )
  fulner | Mar 25, 2015 |
I am a huge fan of Clark Howard. I love his friendly, down home manner. It's obvious that Clark loves a bargain and his money saving ideas can easily be incorporated into anyone's lifestyle. He practices what he preaches. I may not use every suggestion, but that's the beauty of the book--with over 250 ways to save, you can pick and choose what works for you. Plenty of white space makes for easy reading. Highly recommend. ( )
  PennyAnn | Sep 23, 2011 |
With the recession/shallow depression, finally the country is in sync with Clark's frugal ways. He gets a big kick out of saving money at every turn. I can see that he might be a little difficult for his wife to take sometimes.

Good tips in this book, such as Zenni Optical, which saved me hundreds of dollars on glasses! ( )
  TulsaTV | Aug 21, 2011 |

Clark Howardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Meltzer, MarkAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thimou, TheoAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,861,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible