Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by…

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (original 2003; edition 2004)

by J K Rowling (Author)

81,4567305 (4.28)10 / 949
Harry Potter, now a fifth-year student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, struggles with a threatening teacher, problematic house elf, the dread of upcoming final exams, and haunting dreams that hint toward his mysterious past.
Member:Rourke
Title:Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Authors:J K Rowling (Author)
Info:Bloomsbury (2004), Edition: New Ed, 768 pages

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling (2003)

Elevenses (169)

English (693)  German (9)  French (6)  Italian (5)  Spanish (5)  Dutch (4)  Swedish (3)  Latvian (1)  Korean (1)  Portuguese (1)  Danish (1)  Finnish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (731)
They just keep getting better and better, I find the first part of each book a bit slow, then halfway through I just can't put it down. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
Es bastante distinto a los anteriores, pero me ha parecido el más flojo hasta ahora. ( )
  jordil2 | Feb 12, 2020 |
My personal favourite in the whole series ( )
  abbas07 | Jan 26, 2020 |
I LOVED THIS ONE!

Honestly, these just keep getting better! I absolutely loved the wizard angst!

But like, for real though. This kid deserves to scream for three months straight. I'll scream with him. We'll have a screaming party.

I loved that Neville finally got to freaking do something, Ginny is an actual character, and Luna was there! I love Luna (hate the audiobook voice she has though...) Umbridge is the devil and I really want Voldemort to kill her because they both suck and I just want two evils to cancel each other out, ya feel me?

All in all, freaking fantastic!

Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
READ IN DUTCH

My gosh, this is quite the long story for a child to read. But I really liked it. Some called it too political, some a little bit boring, but for me this is one of three Potter books I like best (after HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban & HP and the Half blood prince). I liked the Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledores Army, but I couldn´t stand Umbridge (for understandable reasons). Of coarse I believe everyone should at least have read this series once, so I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. But start at the beginning! ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
The family romance is a latency-period fantasy, belonging to the drowsy years between 7 and adolescence. In ''Order of the Phoenix,'' Harry, now 15, is meant to be adolescent. He spends a lot of the book becoming excessively angry with his protectors and tormentors alike. He discovers that his late (and ''real'') father was not a perfect magical role model, but someone who went in for fits of nasty playground bullying. He also discovers that his mind is linked to the evil Lord Voldemort, thereby making him responsible in some measure for acts of violence his nemesis commits...

Ms. Rowling's magic world has no place for the numinous. It is written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip. Its values, and everything in it, are, as Gatsby said of his own world when the light had gone out of his dream, ''only personal.'' Nobody is trying to save or destroy anything beyond Harry Potter and his friends and family.
added by SnootyBaronet | editThe New York Times, A.S. Byatt

Las tediosas vacaciones de verano en casa de sus tíos todavía no han acabado y Harry se encuentra más inquieto que nunca. Apenas ha tenido noticias de Ron y Hermione, y presiente que algo extraño está sucediendo en Hogwarts. En efecto, cuando por fin comienza otro curso en el famoso colegio de magia y hechicería, sus temores se vuelven realidad. El Ministerio de Magia niega que Voldemort haya regresado y ha iniciado una campaña de desprestigio contra Harry y Dumbledore, para lo cual ha asignado a la horrible profesora Dolores Umbridge la tarea de vigilar todos sus movimientos. Así pues, además de sentirse solo e incomprendido, Harry sospecha que Voldemort puede adivinar sus pensamientos, e intuye que el temible mago trata de apoderarse de un objeto secreto que le permitiría recuperar su poder destructivo.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

Rovira Ortega, GemmaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tóth, Tamás BoldizsárTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilharm, SabineCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Neil, Jessica, and David,
who make my world magical.
The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.
'You two have just apparated on my knees.' - Ron Weasley

As his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry approaches, 15-year-old Harry Potter is in full-blown adolescence, complete with regular outbursts of rage, a nearly debilitating crush, and the blooming of a powerful sense of rebellion. Harry is feeling especially edgy at the lack of news from the magic world, wondering when the freshly revived evil Lord Voldemort will strike. Returning to Hogwarts will be a relief...or will it?

AR Level 7.2, 44 pts
New teacher is a
psychopath. Don’t believe me?
Then talk to the hand!
(CathWhitney)
Evil just got a
makeover. Pink has never
been so menacing.
(CathWhitney)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,379,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible