Chronicle of the Year 1989 by Henrietta…

Chronicle of the Year 1989 (1990)

by Henrietta Heald, Derrik Mercer (Author)

291569,855 (5)None
The biggest news and most significant events of 1989 are vividly brought to life. Includes more than 1,000 memorable events with 340 color and 40 black-and-white photographs.

If you remember 'The year book 19XX : a record of the events, developments and personalities of 19..' Published up until the mid seventies by Grolier. Then this is a very similar product, albeit in a much slimmer format (the Grolier volumes were built like old telephone directories or Church Bibles!). However, the meat of what happened during 1989 is still there! I even found a couple of news worthy articles that I took part in (now long since forgotten); so, that was quite amazing!

I have to give this 4.5 stars because, I could not find much that was not included - even if only as a foot-note. The missing 1/2 star was only because not much could beat the old Grolier Year Books for content value.

Sadly, by putting everything from here on, on-line as digital content; we are inadvertently assuring that in a thousand years all this data will be lost, and all future generations will know about who we were will end when the last of books like this one were published. A grim thought that nothing which we do now will be remembered by our great, great grandchildren. But, that's progress for you I guess. ( )
  Sylak | Apr 1, 2015 |

Heald, HenriettaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mercer, DerrikAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,086,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible