In Honor by Jessi Kirby

by Jessi Kirby (Author)

Member:BillyMoon
Title:In Honor
Authors:Jessi Kirby (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, 256 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:romance, road trip, coming of age

In Honor by Jessi Kirby

Realistic fiction. The story was not predictable including the ending. ( )
  cjmidt | Mar 1, 2016 |
A story about a girl whose brother dies in combat and the road trip she takes with his best friend as a way to grieve over him and honor him. A sweet, quick read. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Nov 12, 2015 |
This book is just so many levels of awesome, I can't even begin to describe it. It's packed full of emotion, such a sweet story and so brilliantly written. I would highly recommend this book. It's so good.

Full review on my website www.thebooktower.webs.com ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
Lindo... ( )
  Anngela_ | Aug 31, 2013 |
Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.

In Honor is one of those books that I've been waiting to read forever. So when I finally got the chance, I snapped it up like it was a cupcake. Seriously, I wanted it that badly. (I have a weakness for cupcakes, but who doesn't?) I ended up really enjoying it.

Honor was a character that I could relate to-- she was spunky and prone to making snap decisions, as well as being a little impetuous. But that's not the best part; she needed to grow. And she grew throughout the book, becoming more mature and understanding-- and I loved it. She started taking more into account before she made decisions, and I just wanted to cheer for her!

But my favorite part was definitely the road trip element-- I LURVE road trips, and this one was definitely a mish mash of mistakes and problems that just seemed to fit together perfectly. They met new people and had lots of adventures...even if the new people tended to be two-dimensional.

I did really enjoy Rusty's character, though. He sounds like such a hottie, and his emotions and such are all right up on the surface. I loved him when he teased, and I loved how Honor and him interacted. They are so sweet together! I said before that Honor grew throughout, but I think that in his own way, Rusty did too.

And I can't imagine the ending being anything else, to be honest. It was perfect. All in all, I think that In Honor is a read that will make you feeling like going on a road trip. It sounds fun, don't you think? ( )
  MVTheBookBabe | May 15, 2013 |

Three days after she learns that her brother Finn died serving in Iraq, Honor receives a letter from him asking her to drive his car from Texas to California for a concert. When his estranged best friend shows up suddenly and offers to accompany her, they set off on a road trip that reveals much about all three of them.… (more)

Jessi Kirby is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,175,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible